HybridZ

Before and after

brettschave

Well I have owned this one for about 6 years and finally got around to painting it. My 17 year old son and I tackled it and it turned out ok. We definitely learned alot along the way and it sure is nice driving something that doesn't look like it came from the ghetto. He also cut out the fuel door and smoothed that out because we put a fuel cell in the hatch. Come to think of it, this might be my first post. We thought about a paint scheme and came up with this, then later it looked like an old Kawasaki look going there. Gets lots of attention as most of the Datsun up here have rusted away. Brett

post-1126-075321100 1324216560_thumb.jpg

post-1126-061482100 1324216568_thumb.jpg

Why would somebody knock another persons color choice? Look at the quality of the work, it's great. I'm sure getting knocked around when he posted his hard work was not what he had in mind. How does the saying go? If you're gonna say something bad about someone, make sure they're out of the damned room.

General misunderstanding. To like a color combo varies between people. I welcome all opinions on things I do. Its interesting to me. In the end it matters what I think, so that it what guides my decisions. I have learned a great deal off of critiques of my work. A propper critique goes as follows- Say something you like and why. If there is something you dislike or would do different, say so and why. Then your thoughts are a valuable tool. As for my critique, I say that job was well planned, and the commitment to doing a quality job great. It is inspiring, as mentioned. We see a father and son team here accomplishing a dream. In what ever color a build like that is, its great. I like it.

The green paint is "paint shop" line from duplicolor. The flat black is rustoleum mixed with acetone to thin it down. We read about it in I think car craft magazine and looked easy to do with good results and it worked really good. The white stripe is just some rattle can. It was real economical for us and not so intimidating for us to do another car in the future. Painting was easy, all the work that leads up to it, wow! Wish I was doing this when I was 17.