HybridZ

NASCAR heat shield 23 decibel sound barrier

Mdantonio

To all:

Disclosure: I am not a broker, dealer, distributor, salesman, or in any way connected to the product/company listed below.

I recently located a company that supplies a fiberglass and silicone based custom fit heat shield (blocks 2,000 degrees) and 23 decibels. I provided access to my interior gutted 260z 2+2 and they hVe made a template for the entire interior. They have many templates for others but not the zcars. Their primary clients are NASCAR, vettes, jags, and other exotics.

This stuff is amazing, I rode in a vette that had this material and one with dynamat, absolutely no comparison. I will post details and pics as the product goes in with the companies contact information/order information.

Its 12/square foot but they said they will offer members of hybrid z a discount. As they form te kit I'll keep you posted. Since I have a 2+2 it would be useful if anyone has a 240 and 280 with the interior gutted (in rennovation stage) with dash out to allow a template to be made.

More to follow but if your trying to kill sound this does an incredible job. If your familiar with the material used by NASCAR on the under carriage in the tranny tunnels they make it too but it's a little pricey. They are making the template but I am not sure if it's necessary.

Cjc:

Very interested. About to purchase that type of material for the interior firewall, floorboards, doors etc. Want acoustical and heat barrier. Going to put heat barrier on the front side of the firewall. May do the same for the transmission tunnel as the exhaust pipes will transition through there. Want to keep cool and quiet in Arizona summers. Please advise the name, address and telephone number to obtain your sighted material. Thanks.

This sounds very interesting and if th company has any connections out here in southern California I will happily volunteer my 240 as it is completely stripped and waiting for the next phase to begin soon. Also curious as to weight of this product. Will be wathcing for future details.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...