HybridZ

Just bought a 240z. Whatchu think?

Hey guys, I just bought this 73 240z. I paid $6,500 and I have to ship in back to me which cost me $400, so call it $6,900. You think thats a decent deal for this car? It definatly needs work..the brakes are soft, the suspension & bushings are shot, and the interior isnt the best. It got some decent mods though and I see some good potential here. First step get rid of those awful wheels.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/108230-73-240z-project/page__pid__1012281#entry1012281

Its great. Step 2 get rid of the gold in the engine bay.

But seriously I think the wheels will look great if you just get rid of the red highlights and get some decent centre caps. Try using photoshop to imagine what it would be like.

Looks like a fun puzzle/project. You realize, of course, that it's a mish-mash of engine parts. 79 ECU with STOCK 280Z turbo on an N42 block. None of those things go together.

The body looks in great shape, with nice paint. I kind of like the gold engine bay.

Edit 2 - Took some Fairlady comments out. Looks like they're just emblems, according to the other thread.

Edited by NewZed

Looks like a fun puzzle/project. You realize, of course, that it's a mish-mash of engine parts. 79 ECU with STOCK 280Z turbo on an N42 block. None of those things go together.

The body looks in great shape, with nice paint. I kind of like the gold engine bay.

Edit 2 - Took some Fairlady comments out. Looks like they're just emblems, according to the other thread.

It came with an extra P90 head and I just bought an 80 something turbo ecu. Im not sure if Ill end up keeping this current set-up or not.

Nice looking Z. I think it's a reasonable price judging by how clean it is. I have a different perspective on pricing up here in the Salt Belt, clean Z's are hard to come by and usually bring a premium when found compared to down south.