HybridZ

My "new" 1976 Fairlady Z

So this weekend after making a 15 hour round trip to Potsdam, Ny - this 1976 Fairlady Z is home with me in NYC!

I bought the car from a guy I met 6 years ago who bought it in 1985 while stationed in Japan. He brought the car back to the US in 1989 to upstate NY. It was on the road for another 2 1/2 yrs and has not been started since. Original L20 is in the car but had been stroked to a L26 and lightened flywheel. The factory 5 speed is there and factory AC. After all these years, I got a phone call stating that he might be ready to sell the car. 4 years prior I tried to buy this car and he couldn't bring himself to sell it. After several conversations it was time for me to make the trip to go pick it up. She will need some work but is all there for the most part!

DSCN0394-XL.jpg

DSCN0495-XL.jpg

DSCN0479-XL.jpg

DSCN0481-XL.jpg

DSCN0490-XL.jpg

Going to try and get her started as she sits and go throught the brakes and clutch.

Tony pm sent.

Joel - the RB would be nice in there :wink:

OldAndy - it was a hike of a drive through the mountains to get there but well worth the trip. I knew of this car for so long and thought the owner would never sell it. Here is a link to some more pics:

http://evilz.smugmug.com/Other/1976-Fairlady-Z/26073200_XmJvzH#!i=2165337982&k=kkZ4hkh

Wow That's a great find, I can't wait to see you put it back together. it looks like it's in awesome shape. A bit of surface rust. Hopefully it's not too bad. Hope the Fuel system isn't too bad off. if it still flows then seafoaming it out can do wonders. RHD stuff is pretty rare. What clock is that, Mine's got a Yellow second hand.. I love the euro tailights.

"Looks like the car was designed around RHD"

Truer words were never spoken. The BIGGEST adjustment that I have to make in my LHD Z-Car is canting my arse because the PEDAL BOX IS OFF CENTERLINE WITH YOUR BODY.

In the RHD car, your throttle foot is straight out, and so is your clutch foot. If you never drive one, you will never notice this.... Amongst other things like putting aftermarket EFI is a SNAP with all the open space up behind the glove box (if you don't have factory air, that is!) Or that all those connectors in the right side bulkhead and their positions all seem to make sense from an engineering standpoint because it shortens up the harness smartly for the RHD car...

• 4 weeks later...