Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Big shout out to my body shop wizard Greg Howard for getting the chassis painted over the holiday weekend! These pictures were taken right after the clear was sprayed. It still needs to be wet sanded and buffed. Pictures do not do the paint justice, it is absolutely insane in person! Can't wait to start putting it together!


Ford "Gotta Have It Green" Metallic Pearl Tri-stage









Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alright guys! I brought my Z home from the body shop this weekend. Here are some pictures with the bumper placed on the front splitter. Not bolted up, but I had to see what she was going to look like! Enjoy!










Started to remove the body harness so I can start fresh. Still have a long road ahead of me. Getting the project to this point has really brought back my motivation. More updates to follow!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Finished up the rear body harness, now on to the front body harness and then the dash harness. It is annoying trying to trace the SB kickdown signal wire from the driver side front harness to the passenger side harness then into the passenger side dash harness to the gas pedal! Talk about the long way around! Anyways, it is very nice to see all of the automatic transmission wiring removed from the vehicle as well as many other unnecessary systems. 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wiring update! So for the past week I've been going through the wiring and removing anything that I didn't want/need.


Systems/Modules Removed:


-Automatic Transmission/Shift Lock

-Power Steering

-Cruise Control

-Air Conditioning

-Seat Belts

-Fuel Pump Module 

-Rear Wiper/Washer

-Fog Lights

-Rear Power Antenna

(I'm sure I'm missing others)


I was able to finish the front body harness, and I am about 90% complete with the dash harness. I hope to have all of the harnesses complete by this week. Then install the new carpet and start going back together with the interior!


Here's a picture of what all was removed... I am so glad I did it!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


I made some great progress. The harnesses are almost all complete, some odd's n ends that I need to straighten out but nothing major. I started putting the dash back together & added some insulation to keep some of the heat away from my feet. 



Then started the roll bar install. I decided to go with a Jegsters 4PT kit from a fox body mustang. It fit quite nicely after some measuring and cutting. 








Painted and ready for install:



Works perfectly with the rear panels. I am going to recover all the plastic panels in the back eventually. I just want to get everything back together for now.







Next I will be tackling the new carpet, and re-upholstering the OEM seats. WISH ME LUCK!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks 1969honda! Yes, I was very surprised/happy with how the entire roll bar fit. It was by no means a walk in the park though lol! 


Some more progress.
I removed the old material from the door panels. It was a bit of work but ended beautifully. All the original foam stayed in place. Now time to shave the seat belt holes and then install the new material!
I've been searching around for 3" Stainless universal X-Pipes and I stumbled upon brand new Melrose C5 3" 304 X-Pipe on eBay $75 shipped. Most budget friendly purchases made for this project to date! Not quite ready to put it on but I'm always looking out for deals I'll need in the future. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This weekend was a big step in the right direction! My buddy came over and installed the windshield, hatch and quarter glass. It's really starting to look like a car again! Once the glass was in, I finished installing all the rear trunk and hatch panels. Then I rebuilt the T-Tops. I am hoping to pick up the engine & MS3 Goldbox ECU this week. 






Next up is reassembly of the doors and installing the new door glass. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I finished up installing the new door glass, door gasket, handle, mirror. Next will be the driver side. Everything is going together quite nicely. I am picking up my MS3 Goldbox ECU and harness tomorrow. Engine should be done soon, and I should be getting my engine paint this week. Things are quickly coming together!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...