HybridZ

what are you guys doing for throttle cables

Is your motor DBW or do you have a cable operated throttle body? Either way you can use the Datsun gas pedal. To mount a cable to the pedal, just drill out the stud that is welded to the pedal where the throttle rod snaps on. From there you can attach any number of aftermarket throttle cables, most of which will have a supplied bolt with a hole drilled through it where the cable will pass through to connect.

Joe

You do not need to drill out the stud nor do you need to bend the throttle pedal for the mechanical cable.  Look for the Spectre SS throttle cable from Autozone.  It has the perfect connection for the S30 stud at the end of the throttle pedal.  You need to cut out a small section of the fitting so that it snaps over the stem of the ball.

Do you get part number 2431 or 2435?

Ah, old age is catching up to me.  I used the Spectre 2431 kit on my old turbo setup as the throttle body was located on the passenger side.  When I swapped in my LS1, I forgot that I had to buy a different (most likely Lokar) cable but I re-used the fitting/connector from the Spectre kit (you can see it at the very top in this LINK.

Modified from my post above: You do not need to drill out the stud nor do you need to bend the throttle pedal for the mechanical cable if you use the connector from the Spectre SS throttle cable from Autozone (above). It has the perfect connection for the S30 stud at the end of the throttle pedal. You need to cut out a small section of the fitting so that it snaps over the stem of the ball.

Edited by ktm

I used the stock F-body throttle cable, it fits right in the hole on the firewall. Think I attached the cable to the pedal with a hose clamp or some sort. Not the best way to do it and not near as clean as some setups, but if you have the stock cable it will work. Been running the setup for over a year now

-Will