HybridZ

New wheels are on. What should I do about fenders?

I just finished installing coilovers on shortened strut tubes with new wheels. I was going to use ZG flares, so I bought some cheap ones on Ebay and I guess you get what you pay for. They look terrible and I am not putting them on my car. That got me wondering if I could maybe do without flares and just roll them somehow. My car is going in for paint next Saturday, so I'm hoping to find a solution before then. Here are pics of how the wheels look now. They are 15x9 and 15x10 with 205s and 225s. 

I should mention that my rear tires are touching the fenders now. I am using Koni struts and they are really short. In cutting and using zg flares, this wouldn't be a problem, but rolling them is probably not going to make enough room.

post-12769-0-16113300-1368400975_thumb.jpeg

post-12769-0-75956600-1368401007_thumb.jpeg

post-12769-0-02992200-1368401040_thumb.jpg

You didn't mention if you have either slotted the rear struts or added camber plates. This will give you at least 2 degrees neg and let you put some of the tire under the rear qtr panel.

I first rolled the inner lip and then rounded the flat portion of the lip out to form a new lip. A very small but effective flare.

I don't think 2 degrees would put the tire under my fender. Can you post pics of your setup? My wheels are 15x10 et-6 225 50s. No slotted struts or camber plates, but there is some natural negative camber already.

Edited by Nismo_Gizmo

Yep- there gone.

The problem I had is the tire catches the convex rear quarter. I clear the lip, but rub up inside the well. At least you can raise your ride with the coil overs- I'm stock.

I've also slotted and modified my hats with so so results.

The ZG's from Shoukia are worth the wait. I don't think it took that long to get mine. More like 2 to 3 weeks.

I can't really wait that long either. I have to have my car at the shop on Saturday. I might use the flares I have and twist them so that the curvature fits the lip and fender. Then I could fill the top seam/gap with body filler. I think that's the plan now.

Actually, the perfect offset is somewhere between a red **** hair and and gnat's arse.  My front wheels have about 1/8" clearance and there is no evidence that they have ever rubbed.

lol. I cut my fenders yesterday, i'm happy with the look. 4.5" and 3.5" lips