HybridZ

New Datsun GO

Lazeum

Renault/Nissan has just released the news about the Datsun brand revival with the GO.

Car is made for Indian market mainly, maybe Russia later.

Car is made to be cheap (around $5000-$6000).

the GO is based on Nissan Micra platform

front wheel drive

1.2L 4 cylinders gasoline engine

5 spd manual gearbox

6106138.jpg
6106142.jpg

6106134.jpg

6106144.jpg

Yep, a cheapy , look at the emergency hand brake, to bad that they are using the Datsun brand for basic cars.  Back in the day the 510 was a cheapy but had some nice features in comparison with others cars post-36683-0-64991900-1373981068_thumb.jpg   . This GO is just plain transportation  cheap  :icon11:

Edited by PLATA

I don't want to spend $26,000+ for daily transportation. A new car for a REASONABLE (under, WELL under, $10,000) so it can be a cash purchase and insured on PLPD from the get go keeping cost of ownership down... I ran around in 1.3 Renault Clios in the UK while I was there, and it was upmarket... a Basic 1.2 with today's engine technology and an easily accessible engine bay... FINE.

Little safety gear? FINE!

It's buy that, or buy an old Beetle, or a Geo Metro and drive that till it's time to replace it.

I want to tie my payments  and cash up in other things that daily transportation.

If it was available in the US market, I would go buy 2, right now!! Seriously I would trade in my '05 VW Jetta 2.5sc for what I could and cash the rest of the price out.

I am willing to bet that if this car could be sold in the US, it would sell like hot cakes.......

I wonder if starting a petition for getting the Datsun GO, with deposits would help????

Edited by 280zex