HybridZ

Racing a S30 using Standard Brakes

Because they have to. So lots of overheating, most of the usual cooling measures like ducting, slotted rotors and so on are not allowed by the rules. I've made a couple of suggestions like using extended pad shims and a brake fluid recirculator.

But pads, Hawk DTC-70's crumble, anything else around that works well at higher temps?

You just have to drive while being easy on the brakes. On hard and then off for short intervals Don't drag the brakes, no trail braking, left foot brake, and learn how to carry more speed through the corners. Move roll stiffness to the back of the car so it rotates more and gives better control with the throttle. Install the front brake backng plates from a early car or run no front backing plates. Hawk blues have worked well for me.

Most important, take weight out of the car and make sure the rear drums are adjusted tight.

When I raced using the stock brakes I had to decide whether I wanted good brakes at the start or at the end of the race.  A lot depended on how I qualified.  If near the front, I would use the brakes hard at the start of the race and then ease up on them towards the end.  If I qualified poorly I would save the brakes while working through traffic for a hard charge at the end.

Like Johnc said, you will need to balance your braking aggressivness with trying to get about 2 hours of life out of pads. You would be surprised what lap times you can get by rolling on and rolling off the pedal. Solid, consistent, threshold braking will only gain a .1 or .2 seconds on most turns and is usually the last thing a pro driver tries to squeeze out. From turn in to apex is where the magic happens.