HybridZ

Need Assistance: R33 GTS-T Rear Hub Removal

As the title implies attempting to remove the rear hub assay from the backing plate. Got my axles, R200 and brakes dismounted but this is not coming off. Any bright ideas are welcome. See photo attached (it's borrowed but mine looks exactly the same).

I know it's not the best place to post this but it's quicker compared to registering on a Skyline forum... and Dr. Google didn't help either.

post-42902-0-82540700-1441822255_thumb.jpg

post-42902-0-98422100-1441822263_thumb.jpg

Looks the same as the Z32 rear hubs. When I took mine apart, getting those 4 bolts out was pretty hard. I had to fabricate a long bar to hold the backing plate, then use a long extension on a breaker bar. Once those 4 bolts were out, it pretty much jiust fell apart.

Should have been more specific... I fail. The bolts came out like butter with an impact gun. The rear portion of the hub assay is stuck inside the backing plate. I knew I should have posted a photo of my own.

I've tapped from the axle side and tried using a three jaw puller to "push" it out.

post-42902-0-29656800-1441848308_thumb.jpg

post-42902-0-16339500-1441848323_thumb.jpg

Edited by V-Fib

Rust penetrant to help the rust break loose, spray it on the front side too, let it sit for a while. Then just put it in a vise and smack it with a heavy brass hammer from the back side. Or lacking a big brass hammer, set a scrap piece of aluminum on it, to avoid hammer dings, and hit it with a regular hammer.

Heat around the perimeter with a rosebud torch and then use some bees wax where the two pieces are pressed together (the lip balm type works as well). The bees wax will creep between the parts while hot and lubricate the two surfaces making it easier to pull apart.  I've done this on all kinds of undercarriage parts for trailers and trucks and it seems to work great. 

Edited by 1969honda

Thank you guys for the help.

I claim victory... I used a liberal amount of Kroil, then a 1/4" steel disk that I put in the back of the hub followed by locking the 5 ton puller over it and driving it with my Milwaukee 300 ft-lb impact wrench. Just went *ping* and popped right out.

Got frazzled initially hence the post. Next time I'll use my head prior to taking up forum space. :P lol