HybridZ

Techno Toy Tuning - GTX2 Control arm and T/C Rods

I am just posting a couple pictures of T3's GTX2 control arm and T/C rod package that I just received.  There were some concerns in two threads Here and Here as well regarding how the T/C rod connects to the arm.

In T3's pictures (seen Here), you can see a rod end where the T/C rod connects to the arm and it can pivot about the connection.  As shown in the two photos below, that has now been changed to a solid rod end that has a tight fit between the brackets.

I am going to call T3 in the morning and suggest they update the photos, as the posts above as well as the old photos might "scare" away potential customers.

post-1734-0-00910600-1447377168_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-06990800-1447377169_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on installing these today.  I picked up some replacement hardware (Grade 8 bolts with sufficient shoulder length) for the T/C-control arm and sway bar end link connections and cut them to length last night.  A point of note is that the hardware is not metric but rather SAE sizes.

I think the worse part of the install will be getting everything adjusted correctly.  I should not have an issue with the roll center adjustment as I am running 16x8 wheels; a previous member had issues with his 15-in. wheels.

Edited by ktm

I had to remove the RCAs for my GTX2s (early revision) to fit with 16" rims (rota grid16x8 et0).  Other option was keeping the RCAs & adding a wheel spacer, I guesstimated 10mm needed minimum for the 16" rim.  I actually have 15" southern ways on my z now without the RCAs  i just can't lower it as much as I wanted to with out being concerned with bump steer.

Had I known this going in I would have just bought the standard T3 control arms. 

Hey T3 - you need to put a warning about this on your GTX2 webpage.

:ph34r:  

What issues exactly?  There are no issues necessarily.  The only "issue" is potential clearance with the bump steer adjustment.  Saying that, you don't run a RCA adjuster with these as they have RCA adjustment built-in.

socorob, there is not really an "earlier" version of the GTX2 that I am aware of.  I believe that they are referring to T3's stand-alone control arm replacement that is based on the stock arm.  The difference in the ends is just a refinement in the design that does not address the clearance issue.

seattlejester, yes, I installed them yesterday and confirmed the bump steer adjustment this morning.  I will finish the install tonight (but not take it off the jack stands) and post a couple pictures.

Edited by ktm

Pictures as promised.  I am running 16x8 +10 wheels with a 10mm spacer in the front. I installed the bump steer spacer which helped to raise the lower portion of the "ball joint" spindle by approximately 23 mm (per T3's website).  I have around 25 mm/1-in. of clearance between the bottom of the spindle and my wheel.

post-1734-0-26056500-1447739157_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-03896800-1447739159_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-98257900-1447739164_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-63618200-1447739166_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-68138400-1447739167_thumb.jpg