HybridZ

Front Wheel Speed Sensor kit

9 hours ago, ZT-R said:

The front and rear tone rings don't have to match do they? i have the 300zx rear so i just mounted Gt101s in there.

I don't think they do, but I don't have a haltech or motec in front of me. AFAIK every sensor is independent since they're all different inputs. 

3D printers are the best. You could easily make this by hand with a piece of aluminum bar and a washer rather than something machined, but when you can turn resin into solid with the click of a button it's easier as one piece. I can throw a drawing up for this too if anyone is interested. 

Only downside is that the T3 uprights have a brace that would interfere with the sensor mount, but I could just tie into the lower dust shield bolt on that side instead. 

20200118_225722.jpg

20200118_230014.jpg

20200118_230020.jpg

Edited by calZ

Bearings, hub, cap, washer, nut, tone ring, and plastic version of the adapter. 

The aluminum adapter would add some weight over the plastic obviously, but less than a wheel spacer. The studs are also the extra long racing studs, and there is an additional stud. 

20200119_172643.jpg

Edited by calZ

i might have to talk with machine shop about custom hubs sometime.

extra 30mm for geometry to take 45ET rims and hub centric desing. Again rear axle gives me headache

ce28n 15x6 for integra DC2 racing  is 5kg rim. 

Edited by manninen

• 1 month later...

Finally borrowed a power supply to test that the sensor and ring worked together. I didn't have an oscilloscope, so no waveform, but using a multimeter I could see the voltage alternate between supply voltage and 0 as the ring spun. That was kind of the last box to check to make sure this would work, so I'm basically considering this solved. If/when I grab some T3 uprights and do the final design, I'll update and upload the drawings for anyone to copy. 

You can easily tune your air gap sensor like that. I got fixed air gap of 0.5mm. 

What is recommend air gap for sensor like that? 

Seems you have hall sensor, that is easy to check cause it just switches that in coming voltage, its not as strict to air gap like inductive is. 

If it switches it work. Inductive on abs case lits abs light if there is 0.5mm difference

Edited by manninen