HybridZ

Finally got my first Z!

Well after MANY years of searching, dreaming, reading and creeping around this site I finally got a Z! She an early 74 260 All original  2 owner car and I couldn’t be more excited about finally getting one these cars. The Car Has been in California since new so hopefully rust if any is minimal. The owner of the car passed away and the control of his estate wanted to get rid of the car in a hurry so bought it for 3k which I feel is an amazing deal! I can’t wait to dive into the car and make it my own.

5FBB0DC5-1CC4-4960-92F1-974A6F7A9784.jpeg

D3C47EC9-4ACB-4F14-A24F-A1D5B038650D.jpeg

858BD24F-AF83-460E-88E4-2F9C73CB3331.jpeg

F5B1FD6D-B56D-45E4-84B0-C0A42245C717.jpeg

B995F263-E0EA-4EF7-92E7-0A4A9C3B435C.jpeg

D6DB9A48-73BA-4FED-9C13-5BE4A4DD785C.jpeg

Edited by Rinna98
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jboogsthethug said:

haha smoking deal! I paid $2700 for mine. Cheapest I could find, it was rotting in a field. Rust everywhere, literal rats nests in the AC, interior was trashed, etc. Your Z is in dang good condition!

Thank you! Yea the guy selling the car new nothing about it or cars in general which I took full advantage of lol. 

17 minutes ago, Jboogsthethug said:

Yeah I can tell ha. What do you have planned for it?

Already ordered new springs, struts, brakes and a bushing kits so that will be first. Then Swap out the auto for a manual, buddy of mind has a 4sd he will give me but if I can find a good priced 5sp I’ll go that direction. I figure it will be a good time for a motor clean up/rebuild so that will most likely come out at the same time as the tranny. Put it back together and then enjoy the car for the summer. 

Sweet deal! And in my favorite color. My first recommendation as someone who's had a project way too long... don't make it your own just by chasing power haha.

Get that thing running well and then "upgrade" or refresh things you find along the way in small pieces. I enjoyed driving even my old rust bucket of a 76 that wouldn't rev past 4k more than I enjoy my daily. 

Excited to see more updates. Welcome to the forums :)

9 hours ago, Zetsaz said:

Sweet deal! And in my favorite color. My first recommendation as someone who's had a project way too long... don't make it your own just by chasing power haha.

Get that thing running well and then "upgrade" or refresh things you find along the way in small pieces. I enjoyed driving even my old rust bucket of a 76 that wouldn't rev past 4k more than I enjoy my daily. 

Excited to see more updates. Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you for the welcome! Power is not my goal as of now, I just want a fun weekend car I can zip around in lol. The car runs pretty well right now but I just figure taking the motor and tranny out at the same time will save me a lot of time I hope! 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a busy weekend and pulled the motor and trans out, I figured since I’m swapping the trans I might as well take the motor out and clean up the engine bay. I Spent a lot of time cleaning, sanding and turning my garage into a paint booth lol But I’m very happy with they way everything came out. I also rewrapped the wiring harness which was caked with grease and dirt but i must say it looks 1000x better now. 

C0F2DEFD-A39D-42E3-B7C5-E6D28AFEBC68.jpeg

2F884847-BB84-4F93-BE9C-675FC8A10F97.jpeg

9BD3E84A-4E6F-4AB8-B708-8E0CE9F591C7.jpeg

Edited by Rinna98