HybridZ

Returning long time member

I wish we would get more of the “old timers “ back .  The trend of social media has killed the wealth of knowledge we used to have around here . You can’t really research anything on social media either . Not saying that’s where you were , but hoping for a slight revival of the forums . 

Welcome back!  Yes, it's been a long and choppy 21+ years.  Perhaps we ought to have an "old member" section, for reminiscences and such?  I will bring my hot-water bottle and wool blanket.

An important lesson is regarding having the right environment.  Insufficient garage space, or too rigid of a state regulatory burden, all conspire to sap motivation.  Or in some parts of the country, where land is plentiful and regulations are forgiving, the climate is brutal, and for half of the year it's unpleasant to drive a sports car, or even to be in the garage.  The result? We have to await the age of permanent relocation, to a more commodious place... hence, resume the hobby in retirement.  Congratulations!

On 3/28/2021 at 8:23 AM, madkaw said:

I wish we would get more of the “old timers “ back .  The trend of social media has killed the wealth of knowledge we used to have around here . You can’t really research anything on social media either . Not saying that’s where you were , but hoping for a slight revival of the forums . 

Amen!