HybridZ

G-nose, Anyone?

John Washington

I'm considering adding the G-nose to my product catalog. However, I'm reluctant to spend a bunch of money on the mold without knowing there's a market. How many of you would be interested in getting one?

I know the answer is somewhat dependant on price, and I'd be interested in knowing what you would consider a fair price.

I have molds for the headlight covers to match, but they are sans trim rings, so would have to be bracketed onto the G-nose, or screwed on ala GTO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JW,

Obviously price is the biggest issue, but also, if it has some kind of intergrated splitter/airdam, that would be good too.....I like the look of the Showcars units (with maybe a little more agressive splitter), and would have bought one of those if the quality and fit was better.

I do concede that you will have to appeal to the majority here, but just my 2c worth of preference!

Tim

I have one somewhere in Les Heath's posession, but I will ABSOLUTELY buy one from you because I know the quality will be perfect. And if I ever get the other one back from Les, I'll either SELL it or stick it in the attic.

Mike

I think it would be a great idea, especially if a whole ground effect kit was offer at a reasonable price. Glad to see you back in business. Have you ever had any thought of a rebody that is resembles a combination of the best looks of some of the hot new sport cars, Jag etc.

Guest Anonymous

I like the g-nose look and would like to put one on my car. But i have a 280z and most i see are for the 240. Also there is no spot for a licence plate that doesn't look out of place. As you know you need a licence plate in the front and rear of your vehicle in the state of washington.

John,

Im not really a fan of the g-nose myself. It only seem to look good if the bumper is painted a different color, which to me kind of defeats the purpose. However, I do think there could be a market for something similar, as some of the guys have pointed out, more modern front end. The new Aston Martin Vantage gets a mention from time to time and i would love some thing like that for the z. I was thinking about doing a nose myself but it would be a one off. If someone else were to come up with something I would buy it for sure.

Douglas

I would be interested. MSA's price ($795+$400 for headlight covers) has not induced me to buy it, even though I am local to them.

I would pay $600+$100+shipping I think.

I'm attracted to the gnose because it has been proven to improve aerodynamics; I like to pretend all my modifications are functional and not just for looks. From that perspective, I would be dubious of any modifications to the Nissan design. bonk.gif

Guest JAMIE T

I think it would be great to offer an alternative to the $700+ G-nose from MSA. It's not really my thing, but I KNOW alot of folks like it. Maybe add some ZG flares and "432" rear spoiler to your product line as well? I would buy those. A bunch of guys on here like the ZG flares. I've got a set on my '71, and I'm buying Mikelly's set this weekend for my '73. I need two "432" rear spoilers.

I like the look of the Showcars units (with maybe a little more agressive splitter), and would have bought one of those if the quality and fit was better.

and

as some of the guys have pointed out, more modern front end.
I would like to see a 1 piece full frt end with these features.

Maybe something not exactly a " G nose", but with some updated styling.

And the rear spoiler has been mentioned, again maybe a new twist on the old idea.

I also would like to see some headlite covers(not plastic)to fully complete the frt end.

From the pics I`ve seen of your stuff and the positive comments from folks using your stuff, if anybody can do it you can! You could provide us with the quality we demand.

I would be iterested in something similar but a little more updated that maybe incorperated so different headlights. Maybe like the brand new dodge neon headlights just something a little more modern the austin martin idea would be great. More input guys? Oh yeah gotta be a decent price.

I too would be interested. Perhaps some Jag HID's? I personally would like to have a removeable airdam/splitter as an option. I personally didn't much care for the 'squared off' look of the grill opening on ShowCars' effort, and thought the air dam a bit overdone....

FWIW - I called MSA and they said they had only one kit and it is missing the hinges - and they wanted full price.

I'd pay MSA's price for a GOOD kit from you John.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tempe_Z

I definitely prefer the one piece with integrated spoiler route given the propensity of the front end to a good bit of lift above 100 MPH, but even having to bond a couple of glass pieces together to get it is an acceptable solution there if it makes you marketing one a reality. I realize the G-nose itself helps reduce lift somewhat but I would think that a nice looking airdam would help even more.

As always, I'm willing to loan my car and garage out for test fitting should you be low on shop space. Ideally though getting it running first so I can bring it to you would probably be helpful as well as making me happier.