HybridZ

Look at what I did!!

Yea D its gona look hot. I know you know that and you are just looking for confirmation (and its always nice to get praise on yer projects)...lol. Im looking forward to the second coming of the Z.

Here's my opinion also if ya want it. 17's are pushing it let alone 19's. While the 19's MAY look meaner, the rubberband sidewall will have you skating when you roll on the power. Even if they are 12" wide I still wouldnt go over 17" for your driving needs. Also, although I havent had the chance to see 19's on a Z....even with the flares I would think the sheer size would offset the 'package'. WHo knows...if its slammed and they are tucked it, it would prolly be menacing. Point is with YOUR stroked-n-blown SBC and a manual tranny, Id think it wise to do some research on race cars in your power/weight range that run on DOT legals. Best of luck with it tho! That damn car sent my budget project spiriling into Jegs-ville

Jason

Looks like $1 USD = 1.543304 £

Ummm, no. Reverse that, Mudge. It takes more dollars to equal one pound. The British pound has always been worth more then the dollar.

Darius, the Reaction Research YZ body kit looks pretty good on the car---there are a number of guys on and off the forum that have them as well. I wanted one, but they are a bit steep for me--nice that you have the means$$$$ :D

I think black is a good choice and keeps with the whole theme of the car. I think the 19's are a mistake unless you're out to make a statement, then they'll be ok. Good around a track too.

So what are you doing about headlights????? If you opted for the front fenders and airdam, there are no headlights as you well know. You selling your old clear covers by chance??

Davy

Those clear covers I had are long gone, they dont stay clear or look good for very long. The rims I have now are 17x8 Hre 545's. I'm not sure yet about headlight's, I will either mount something in the airdam or cut out something in the fender's. I think 19's would look crazy, I have been looking at Ted Fishers car with 18's and they look pretty big, I havent seen or heard of a z with 19's either.

Darius,

Those Flares look AWESOME!!!!

(and that's coming from someone who's not a big fan of flares on a Z - for looks anyway.)

But those flares keep the flowing lines going nicely, don't look like an afterthought, etc. 280YZ?

I agree - with all that power, I'd go for no more than 17s. Heck, I might go with 16s. A shiny wheel on a black car will make the wheels stand out. No need for rubber band tires to make that car look awesome.[/b]

I'm late to jump on the wagon here but those flairs look like an outragous production part. Like the ones you see in the artist rendering of a pre-production car but you know that will NEVER make it to the street. I really like they way the car sits with them. Just wondering if the flames are going on to the car when it is done? Keith

Guest Casey240Z

Darius,

How much are you going to sell your wheels for? Also I have to agree that the flares look great and I usually don't like them.

seriously dude , what do you do for money im 21 and i work my butt off fabbing race cars here in CT and the 17s you have on your car now are worth more then my entire project!!!!!!!! i just looked em up and the best price i found was 3487.00 a set !!!! car looks mint though keep up the good work

Guest gprix1

Darius,

I also have the 280 YZ kit. I've been debating how I want to mount the front fenders since NOTHING lines up with the factory mounts. How did you go about doing yours? Do you have any more pic's?

- Rick

• 7 months later...