HybridZ

Which movie?

Guest tt350

Sure, I remember "The Car", it was a lincoln mark III, modified fenders/bumpers, chopped top.

thecar7.jpg

thecar4.jpg

How about Speed Zone - worth renting just to see a lamborghini skip across a lake from one side to the other like skipping a flat rock!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

well if u want some good videos u can download.. look up TurboDreams 1, 2 and 3. short and good. nice supras and such.

mike

Guest bang847

I know one that no one mentioned.

Blues Brothers!

I believe they bought the complete detroit squad fleet.

and then they DESTROYED them all!!! yeah!! :D

Guest Tim78zt

It's more a documentary video than a movie, and more old school than high-tech, but the music is unbeatable....Pink Floyd's La Carrera Panamericana!!

Tim78zt

Guest Damn Cracker

oh! ooh! how could I forget? "born to run", a newer movie about some dude named "nicky", who drag races his mustwang fastback against damn near everything, from cobras to dusters. One of the best car movies I've ever seen, but hardly anyonbe's ever heard of it.

I still dont get it, what does spraying another car with nitrous (its funny, dont get me wrong) do to the other car? Mess up the paint? (Im talking about jay1970z's avatar, BTW).

Nothing at all, its just a "joke", if it screwed up the paint or something that would be f'ed up.

• 5 months later...
two lane blacktop rules
omg, mike you like that movie? man, there is no dialog!

Duel is a cool movie, and the chase in Bullitt is of course a classic. the chase in Get Carter with the Seville STS is cool too. how come now one has mentioned American Graffiti? also, is there anyone here that doesnt think that the "chase" in the French Connection was anything great.

Nobody mentioned that other Stallone blockbuster: 'Driven'

Kinda cheesy, but I like the idea of taking an CART car for a joyride on the streets of Chicago. You wouldn't get far, though. Bumps, potholes and manhole covers would destroy a very low-slung CART-mobile.

Like Bulit, you can tell a good car chase when a music sound track is not needed to create suspense. The sound of the cars alone are all that’s needed.

Getaway in Stockholm (911)

Getaway in Stockholm 2

3&4 are not so great

Rendezvous_ Claude Lelouch

All these are on Kazaa and reasonably short.

Nobody mentioned that other Stallone blockbuster: 'Driven'

Kinda cheesy, but I like the idea of taking an CART car for a joyride on the streets of Chicago. You wouldn't get far, though. Bumps, potholes and manhole covers would destroy a very low-slung CART-mobile.

yea i like driven too even though its kinda cheesy. its a fun movie to watch

One to add to the cheesy car movie list is "Catch Me If You Can." Not the recent movie with Leo DiCaprio, much earlier (1989 I believe). It's about some high school students who drag race local thugs for money as a fundraiser for the school. Classic! If you're curious do a search for "Catch Me If You Can" and "Matt Lattanzi."

A good technical drag racing movie/documentary is "American Nitro." This was filmed in the mid-70's and focuses some on the technical aspects of the cars but mostly on the business of drag racing. It's an interesting look into the transition drag racing made from a small sport to a big dollar event.