HybridZ

The killer Hemi strikes again...

utvolman99

I know you guys give me a hard time for being proud of my big heavy truck and thinking its fast. I just cant seem to get over how good it pulls for a 4700lb vehicle!

two days ago I was on my way back to my house when two kids in a mid to late 90s Z28 cut me off. We were in a curvy part of the road and I was kind of ridding them a little bit for jumping out in front of me. the kid in the passenger seat kept looking back at me through the hatch as we went through the turns. I knew that as soon as we hit the straight away he was going to nail it. Sure enough as soon as he was out of the last curve the passenger kid turned around and waved to me (as if to say bye bye) and the driver nailed it. I guess we came out of the turn doing 45. I stayed dead even with him all the way up to 90! At that point, I was both doing 90 in a 55 and fast approaching my turn so I let out and put on my turn signal. As I let off I saw the passenger turn to the driver and point at him laughing...

I love the idea of him seeing that big A$$ truck keeping up with his sports car! Not to steal my thunder but from the looks of this car it was maybe a little long in the tooth...

That is so funny. Those turbodiesel trucks can be very fast for their size. I drove my Z to work last week, and one of them tried to race me. He actually was pulling very hard - I'd floor it and pull a few lengths and let off, he kept coming, I'd pull on him again, probably got up to 90 in the 55.

Guest dustyz

i thinks its time to make a hemi z just put that motor in your z and take the truck back under warrenty and say some one stole your motor :twisted::twisted:

just kiding but if it pulls hard in 4700lbs

just think of the pullage it in a 2600lbs car :D:D:D

Oh man, I love those late '60s early '70s Chevy trucks. I drove my Dad's '72 shortbed to high school occasionally, and my first street race was against a friend who thought his 4 banger Capri was the $hit. Needless to say, he lost bad...

OK - bring the "killer Hemi" down to the DFW area and we'll see how well it keeps up with my Z. It does have a Camaro motor in it. My first new car was a 340 'Cuda and I can tell you now, it was pure fluff compared to the LS1 Z.

Since I now work at Dodge dealer I have had a chance to drive a few of those HEMI Rams......now I used to think Dodge trucks were the $hit but then I drove a few(not the HEMI's, older regular SBM) boy are they dogs! Cant even do a decent burn out most of the time!.........Now about those new HEMI Rams.....OH BABY! I love them. Theys sound great, haul some serious ass for a 4700lbs vehicle and they look nice!

Me and another technician where out on a 1000 mile inspection(aka joy ride :twisted: ) and we pulled up to a Eclipse that was riced out...well we tried to get him to race us by stepping on the gas and brake at the same time to make the truck jump but not move....yeah he wouldnt race! I think he was scared! :twisted::D I laughed about that one for quite a while. Can't even rave a truck! :roll: When will these ricers learn?

Guy

Heh, reminds me of a story about a guy working in a dealership bragging about how he was racing some customers car... well the customer saw the post and it all went downhill from there... I don't recall if the guy was in trouble legally for the whole affair, but I do know that he lost his job over it.

Just a heads up... even though this is a somewhat "private" place on the internet, there are still things you don't want to post at all...

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that most of the "ricers" in this area cruise but don't race. It's all about the look not the performance. Then there are the F&F ricers - that is a different story. They are just harder to find and generally only race for $$$.

Guest Thurem
I've noticed that most of the "ricers" in this area cruise but don't race. It's all about the look not the performance. Then there are the F&F ricers - that is a different story. They are just harder to find and generally only race for $$$.

WTF two kinds of ricers, so which one do we like better????

Thure

Guest m35514h

hang out with me more, i will get you some rice racing. It gets boring though. I live in dfw

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

So on my way home minding my own business.... I drive a sentra SER-Spec-v during the week 15.0 in the quarter (no not fast but better than most other rice on the road) and my v-8 240 for fun....

So anyway... I am on my way home and pull up next to this fisrst gen dodge diesle truck with a flat bed and smoke stacks.. I didn't think anything about it. the light turned green and I took off like I normally do, a little more brisk than the rest of traffic. About halfway to the next light I noticed that the truck had caught me. since I was doing like 50 or so this kinda got me thinking.. I know that there are performance deisles out there but had never seen one.

So just to be a Snot, I reved up my car (which is TOTALLY stock) and smiled at the guy. he smiled back and did that reved it up while in gear and did the truck jump thing, he then started to power break as the light going the other way turned yellow and I nioticed black smoke start to role out of the pipes and the whisel of the turbo, (never a good sign if you are gonna try and race a deisel) light turned green, I pulled him by about 2 car links until (I assume he was compeletly spooled) and I saw him catching me. he passed me about the time I hit 40MPH and there was NO way I could have ever caught him... as he passed between the clouds of black smoke, on the back of the truck I saw in HUGE TEXT.... "(Name excluted) Performance Deisel" at this point I started to laugh. we pulled down to the next light and I motioned for him to role down his window, he was also laughing, and all I could say is "That is the coolest thing I have ever seen." He told me that his truck would do 14.0 in the quarter and 13.8 on propane (diesle NOS).

That just kinda made my day.. I always have to admire someone that spends the time to make what they have cool.. and when they woop me I have to give them the thumbs up and say... "thats AWSOME"

The Taz

hmm.. i Really like driving my boss's truck. A GMC 2500 HD. i didn't run it hard at all. but it felt to have some really good power.

I drove it to take loads of trash to the dumps... so i was driving down the freeway doing the speed limit with a full load in the back, i dunno 400 LBS of junk. I came up behind a slow moving truck (55) and I matched speed, then gassed it to get around before more traffic got into my way. I accelerated from 55 to 85 just as i got past the truck. I wasn't even trying to go fast...

I was just used to driving a honda civic... having torque surprised me.

I doubt the truck is faster than my broke up 68 malibu (it has bad spider gears in the diff and the PG bands could use a good tightening.) I just installed the carb that is going on the engine for my Z, a holley DP 750 I believe. The car has so much more power now compared with the little carter AFB i had on there. The bad rear end is starting to shine like a gloomy demon infested swamp...

anyhow... felt like typing so, have fun.

Joe