HybridZ

what kind of music do you listen to?

Guest ON3GO

just like it said in the subject what kind of music do you listen to?

i like punk and rock and old'es and also trance.

thing is im looking for some songs to download to make some CD's.

so what you listen to and whats some good songs?

also whats some great driving music... like from slow driving at night with the stars out to like racing speed music.

mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you guys want a song to listen to when its just so nice at night with the star out (you guys with t-tops will love this as i did when i had my Z32, and man does it get the ladys in a good mood :D) then listen to.................. Incubus, song is called Aqueous Transmission

its very cool!

mike

Have you heard about the music industry going after people who download music?

That aside, Springsteen "born to run" and "darkness on the edge of town" albums. Then there is early 80's new wave .........or beach boys.

This is just a matter of your own taste to burn what ever you want but don't let it cost you.

Don

fugazi, system of a down, coheed and cambria, at the drive in, the mars volta, bad brains, minor threat, etc. when i'm amped up. great for driving in and around town, kingston has enough retard drivers that you need sounds that keep you up. when i look for something mellower, johnny cash, hum, jimi hendrix, marley, massive attack, radiohead, not much rap but a good friend of mine has an ep he did and it's some of the best rhymes i've ever heard. so, basically, a litttle bit of everything. thank you, winmx!! :rockon:

Guest comeandzpa

Lots of variety.....Nine Inch Nails or Rammstein for loud, 2 Pac if I'm in the mood for rap, Coldplay or Ben Folds Five if I want something mellow. Lots of things in between; Dave Matthews Band, Jimmy Eat World, Audioslave, System of a Down, Staind; as I said, lots of variety.

KMFDM, Faithless, Groove Armada, Lords of Acid, Scooter, Senser, Stereo MC's, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys, Quarashi, Tricky, Sound Garden, Chemical Brothers, N.W.A., Alice In Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Sister Machine Gun, Tribe Called Quest, Cirrus, Billy Squier, Don Henley, Soul Coughing, Black Grape, Public Enemy, Stabing Westward, Underworld, BT, GusGus, Coverdale Page, 311, Beck, Kid Rock, Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, Fluke, Faith No More, Leftfield, God Lives Underwater,.... damn, I could seriously keep going. (Yes, I have purchased all these CD's and MANY more, you just can't get the sound quality of a mp3 that you can get with a CD, plus most CD's are interactive now) I can't suggest a good song, because my taste is different than everyone else's. What you can do is go here: All Music Guide. Just type in a favorite artist and go from there You will spend hours checking out new stuff, it's really fun. :D

!M!

If I'm packing tunes for a road trip involving spirited driving, I usually take along Crystal Method's 'Vegas', Bronski Beat's "Age of Consent", and a compilation CD with various songs from 38 Special, Pet Shop Boys, Philips Craig and Dean, and Madonna. Hey, life's no fun if you can't be eclectic!

I'm going to have to download some of The Mars Volta's stuff, just to see what it's like. As a side note, most of the music I've downloaded off the web, I've previously purchased and either trashed or lost the CD. And as long as we're on the subject of downloading music, I don't feel bad about downloading a song off an album I won't buy anyway. 99% of the time, I'll decide that it's not worth having and delete it within a few days. But occasionally I'll try something new, and like it so much I'll buy the CD. I look at downloading as free advertising for the artist. And think about this - does it really make sense to arrest someone for downloading a song that they could legally have taped off the radio, then burned to CD? Absurd, isn't it?

KMFDM' date=' Faithless, Groove Armada, Lords of Acid, Scooter, Senser, Stereo MC's, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys, Quarashi, Tricky, Sound Garden, Chemical Brothers, N.W.A., Alice In Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Sister Machine Gun, Tribe Called Quest, Cirrus, Billy Squier, Don Henley, Soul Coughing, Black Grape, Public Enemy, Stabing Westward, Underworld, BT, GusGus, Coverdale Page, 311, Beck, Kid Rock, Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, Fluke, Faith No More, Leftfield, God Lives Underwater,.... damn, I could seriously keep going. (Yes, I have purchased all these CD's and [b']MANY[/b] more, you just can't get the sound quality of a mp3 that you can get with a CD, plus most CD's are interactive now) I can't suggest a good song, because my taste is different than everyone else's. What you can do is go here: All Music Guide. Just type in a favorite artist and go from there You will spend hours checking out new stuff, it's really fun. :D

!M!

wow, one of the few other people I have heard of who knows senser. and sister machine gun, another great classic. the old studio they used to record in is about 3 blocks away from my apartment.

have you heard of Acumen Nation, or The Clay People. same style as alot of the stuff you listed, but real heavy.

.s

The best driving music is all 12 Initial D soundtracks on full random.

I love listening to initial D when driving. but other than initial D I pretty much solely listen to punk. anything fast is great for driving. NOFX usually gets the blood flowing well. but older more rockish stuff is great too....the clash and the new york dolls come to mind. ooo cant forget about op ivy, minor threat (as mentioned earlier), gbh, the unseen, etc.