HybridZ

The Z car is a girl's or gay man's car

auxilary

according to some moron at neons.org

http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133407

of course, nothing says load of power and manly lines like the owner's neon:

Im000141.jpg

neon1.jpg

Which happens to be SOHC automatic base model neon. Basically, the slowest neon you can buy, and since it's a 95, it's also the crappiest. Nothing says FAST! like clear tail lights, wannabe R/T stripes (he calls it the wannabe R/T, which were only offerred in dohc 150hp versions with manual performance transmission only), and gawdy wheels.

I think those guys were a bit hard on him....

OK, so he thinks the Z is a fairy car, and he drives a 'souped up' base neon, but hell, in his eyes the Z looks that way, and he seems to be able to defend his position. Obviously I don't agree with him, but there are cars that I see and there is an autoassociation as a 'girly car'.....like the fierros, VW rabbit cabriolets etc. Now I bet if I said as much to a Hetro-male fierro driver, he would have the same reaction as you did. Oh well it takes all sorts...Viva la Z!!

Tim

And I always thought the Z was just a drug dealers car.

Is it sad that my ZX has marijuanna leaves painted on the side of it? It was like that when I got it, of course i have named the car Mary Jane. :)

Hey, that Neon is not a "Chick Car or a Gay person's Car"...after all it has a Borla exhaust on it: It is a Manly-Man's car :oops:

From reading the Neon Post it appears this guy is great at talking about others, giving his opinion, but when others give their opinion-relative to him, he cant take it....you gotta love hypocracy-the roosters will always come hope to roost, it is just a matter of time.

BTW...it is time for your daily affermation-Very nice Z Aux. :wink:

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Oh crap. Now they are callin' my Vette gay too in that thread.

94-96ish Corvettes are gay cars too. Everyone I see around here theres some dude, with a fockin' sweater tied around his neck. WTF

Makes me wish I never sold my '71 440 'Cuda (20 years ago). Now that car was a chick magnet. Can't even touch one now. But I digress. Those Neon drivers would probably think that was gay too. I guess we just don't know what a real man's car is around here.

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

that guy has some major issues.

I don't mind neon R/T's for what they are. A few guys campain them successfully in sts autocross. But for what its worth I have noticed several of the more competitive neon guys have traded them in for early hatchback civics with si motors or Mini's - both of which really are tearing it up in sts. -shrug-

And I have never thought of a Z as a chick car, thats just nuts.

thats like a hemi cuda as a chick car, blasphemy.

now a new beatle or vw cabriolet, THAT is a chicks car

I think they both come with tampon dispensers standard.

Bw

gay or straight.... i think what really matters here is, yours vs. his, it's fairly obvious which car is more likely to get it's driver laid no matter whom it may be with. and aux, if i were single i'd fly my ass to wherever you live and beg you to let me use that sweet ride of yours for that very reason. and even if that neon were piloted by the hottest lay in new york i'd still make fun of her car before i asked for her number. (maybe that's why it took me so long to find a wife. :bonk: )...bob

A white neon with stripes and clear tails, clear turns, painted handles/mirrors isnt a gay car? What about the rims? Looks like it to me... Especially when captioned by a danceing banana with a HUGE smile...

Maybe' your not being mean and calling cars/drivers gay... Maybe' your just looking for one that is as gay as yours is... Looking for someone to be gay with...

Now that is irony... Someone that is calling others gay, when he himself thinks he is strait, but is actually gay and he just doesnt know it yet...

SMo'

i couldn't have put it any better :D

Some observations:

1. The Fiero may be a girlie car, but in researching twin turbo chebbys on the internet, I came across a couple of V8 Fieros with large hairdryers hanging off of them. Definitely not girlie cars.

2. I've been outraced by plenty of Neons on autocross and road courses (of course, I was driving a girly VW). Some girlie men drive awfully fast.

3. Just because a car has balls out performance doesn't mean it's a he man's car. I was hanging out with some car guys when an acquaintance of mine drove up in his Audi TT. Not wanting to be ridiculed, I pretended not to recognize him. He later told me that he was very hurt.

4. Other not so macho man cars like the TT: any Porsche, BMW, or Mercedes performance convertible, especially when the driver wears Italian loafers, Miatas, S2000's, Z4, Z3 (see a pattern here?). I do not include the Z3 coupe, which is kind of cool. Also, any Ferrari, even if it is an Enzo or F50 (what kind of sissy name is "Enzo"--would you let your daughter go out with a guy named "Enzo"? Isn't that Italian for "Eugene"?)

5. Calling the Z car a girlie car is worse than my calling it the original ricemobile a while back.

6. If I saw Jennifer Garner driving in a Neon with wannabe blue racing stripes, I would still want to go out with her.

I dont think Neons srt4s are girly at all, I was on the bay bridge and a wrx and srt4 sped past me getting their wangan on, and I sped up to catch them, the srt4 had a car or two on the the wrx with me in the middle. The wrx hit his limiter and he was out, which left me and the srt4 at 125mph or so, I got chicken and let off at 5200rpm in 5th gear, estimated 145 mph, and the Srt had to stand down, and I had to wash myself. The srt4 really has no muffler, and you can sure hear it when they are bombing down the freeway next to you at full boost!!!!!!

How can a z be girly??? I think the 70-8 and some 79-83 z cars look downright GANGSTER.