HybridZ

going to a local Drift and auto-X event :) today in.....

Guest ON3GO

NOT the Z06, but the rodeo, thats right a 1999 auto V6 RWD Isuzu Rodeo.

im not great a drifting but im stupid, and have big balls so im sure ill do fine, i just hope the rodeo can handle it :D.

Auto-X'ing im pretty good at, again not sure if the rodeo will beable to pull out some tricks but we will see.

its nothing BIG or anything, a small event with local kids go at it for a small cash prize (atleast they did that last year).

mostly hondas in the auto-x, not sure what will show up in the drifting event, as its the 1st year for that and i dont even think kids here know what drifting is..

:)

oh yeah :)

mike

Great. Take that Rodeo. I could really use a good laugh when it rolls over...... :lol::lol::lol: . No but really...the rodeo is infamous for a very unstable center of gravity. Take the 'Vette instead!!! Or even better, go to Budget rent a car and rent a Mustang or something......drive the crap out of it, then take it back.

I learned car control (sliding, mbe some drifting) in a dodge dakota, it worked pretty well. Also did a lane toss exercise in neons (changing 2 lanes at speed in about 50') according to the instructors any vehiecle should be able to do the same thing without rolling over. As long as the rodeo is in good shape it shouldnt roll over, but bring a camera anyway, i wanna see the video if it does.

hey guys just got back.

i dont know what you guys are talking about.

the rodeo did fine.

this wasnt a sponsored event or something, just a local hot rod group that throws these things together.

it was a pretty big course, not sharp turns or anything like that...

i got 5th place in the auto-x, the rodeo did pretty good, way better then i thought..

drift event i took 3rd, one wheel peeling! lol, i just flung it around, ppl were telling me i had only 3 wheels on the ground most of the time.

also guys its pretty sad that you want to see me hurt and me having a crash... also you talking to me like im 4 years old, i know what drifting is, and i know HOW to drift, ive been doing it for years and when i said i wasnt that GREAT at it, that only means im not like those ppl you see in D1 or other major drift events... But i CAN hold my own.

my dad wouldnt let me drive the vette at the event, but i just got done driving it, that FU*KER is fast, took it up to 154mph on this long ass backroad where theres only 2 house and nice paved roads.. very cool, and alot of fun..

mike

P.S sorry for not bring the camera, thats back in houston, i would have brought it if i knew they were having this thing.

Aux, I'm aware of the SCCA Pro association with the 4 event drift series - but it's not like they're hosting them. I'm pretty sure no SCCA clubs are hosting drift events, but hey, feel free to let me know if this has changed. I'd be surprised and saddened but maybe I'm just not cynical enough to believe it. :)

wasnt a SCCA event, local event, in a parken lot, sign a waver, and a small look over your car and then you go.

there ws only 8 cars in the drift event, but im guessing there was atleast 20 ppl in the auto-x.. there was alot of father/son teams, it was just a fun day.

there was a few civics, crx's, integras, one miata, 2 vettes, a old VW bug and i even saw a old caddy there.

there was a big F250 and a few rangers, and S10 there also.

a 240sx and a old chevy truck were ahead of me in the drift event, and the 240sx was my friends who i help'ed build and i also had one run in it also.

mike

:lol: Man.. a Rodeo?!?!? Funny... I dono about those, but I had a Trooper II and it SUCKED A$$. There was nothing good about that truck... well, maybe the fact that it was big... I wrote it off when a Honda ran a stop sign in front of me. REALLY killed the honda mind you... but that ugly Bi@tch trooper was messed up good in the front.

I was thinking of buying another one just to put a 350 V8 in it. (and lo pro tires/big rims *bling bling* style..heh heh.. talk about 'sleeper'!) Wouldn't look too bad lowered like 6" with shaved bumpers, 16" rims.. and with the gearing for a 4 cyl out back, the thing would go like hell with a V8! Stop light drag races, go crusin with some big ass subs in the back, and still have room to pick up women! heh... I'd get rid of all the 'Izuzu' logos and put 'Range Rover' on it... :lol: ok, I know.. this is getting silly.. Id have to put a big wing on the back too!

the funny thing was when i was kinda like powersliding around this cone i had one hand out the window and the other out the sun roof, blasting Rage Against The Machine!!!!

a friend told me some guy said "that boy is crazy" :D he was like yeah, gotta love it...

and ya sure do :D

mike