HybridZ

Man Pleads Guilty in Molestation of 8-Year-Old

auxilary

By Herbert Lowe

STAFF WRITER

February 4, 2004

A Queens sock vendor pleaded guilty yesterday to molesting and impregnating his girlfriend's 8-year-old daughter and faces 20 years in prison, prosecutors said.

Chancellor Drayton, 44, of 4-21 27th Ave. in Astoria, was charged with first-degree rape, police said, after the girl's grandmother found a "Dear Dad" love letter in which the child wrote that she enjoyed having sex with him and added, "I want to marry you."

The girl's mother, a Fort Greene resident, contacted police, and tests showed that her daughter was 15 weeks pregnant. At the mother's request, an abortion was performed and police arrested Drayton two weeks later.

Prosecutors contended that he had sex with the girl at least four times between Dec. 2001 and Oct. 30, 2002 - usually while the mother, a student at Baruch College, was running errands.

Drayton pleaded guilty in State Supreme Court in Kew Gardens to a charge of first-degree sexual conduct against a child. Justice Barry Kron is expected to sentence him to 20 years on Feb. 26, prosecutors said.

"The defendant is a dangerous predator who betrayed a child's trust and destroyed her innocence for his own gratification," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

"The crime was monstrous and the 20-year prison term is more than warranted, yet somehow even the long period of imprisonment to be imposed somehow seems lacking," he added.

Two months before his arrest in this case, Drayton avoided a possible 25-year sentence when robbery charges against him were dismissed in Queens after a defense attorney, Mel Sachs of Manhattan, and a private investigator exposed discrepancies in the case.

Sachs, who also represented Drayton in the girl's case, could not be reached for comment.

sick. Prison is to easy for people like that. they should rape him in the bum with a giant red hot firepoker, then hang him upside down in town square (by the poker). keep him just out of reach so people cant stomp him or kick him, but leave a big pile of lightbulb sized jagged rocks for people to throw at him.

makes me want to puke!

The official prison sentence is too easy for this guy, I agree. For whatever reason, though, armed robbers and rapists and murderers and drug dealers tend to REALLY not like child molesters. I think denny's hope will soon be reality, which is as it should be.

I guess now I should make the obligatory "if an 8 year old liked his schlong how tiny would it have to be" joke and try to keep myself from thinking how f'ed up the world is. :(

Jon

the prison mindset against garbage like this ******* goes like this... guilt from being an imprisoned parent, feeling like they're not there to protect their children... and then having to worry about people like this. that's why this type of filth don't last in there.

prison, for this guy, will be a well-deserved death sentence. :evil: