HybridZ

unable to maintain logged in status

auxilary

Yah, thats the most annoing part of it all; when you get loged out, you loose the 'new posts' markers. Get's tiresome.. But I discovered something tonite.. I dont know if it's because the problem is fixed, or I just found a way to fool the system. If I log in, and then open a second window (just leave it idle on the forum index page), I don't get booted after I post a reply to a topic. Can anyone confirm this as a solution/temp. fix?

• Administrators
btw, Dan, I'm not bitching or complaining, I'm just trying to list the problem with details to help resolve it, so don't take my posts at negative value

No prob, thanks for the info :D

I made some changes last night.

You will need to do the usual cookie thing.

Login to HybridZ.

Logout of HybridZ (this is VERY important, it updates your session record in the DB)

Surf to some other site like cnn.com

Clear your cookies, delete your internet cache.

Go back to hybridz and login.

Also, when you login do you guys use the forum login at the top of the forum page near faq, Profile etc?

If you do, try the login in the home page on the right hand side instead.

After you login goto Forums then Profile at top of page and select the button at top that says "Refresh your PostNuke Profile"

Let me know if it worked this time.

Guest the_dj

Thanks Dan! Working for me now after your tip.

I don't remember this password so going to look it up each time was rather troublesome. :?

Glad to see it's working :D

After having to clear cookies, delete temporary internet files and clear cache (or whatever), now I can't seem to maintain the logged in status. Before doing all that, which I had to do for another reason, I was able to remain logged in. Now I have to enter my password every time. This is getting really annoying...but I'll live with it till I or someone else figures out the fix. Just venting...not bitching.

Warren

Thanks for making me re-read the whole post above...I just logged in from the HOME page and it's working fine now. I had been logging in from the Log In link on the forums page. That's all it took...a little re-reading and doing it right.

Thanks for the help.

Warren

Guest bluex_v1

Dan's instructions worked on my machines.

try the login in the home page on the right hand side instead.

--except I used the link in left column of the page :wink:

I made some changes last night.

You will need to do the usual cookie thing.

Login to HybridZ.

Logout of HybridZ (this is VERY important' date=' it updates your session record in the DB)

Surf to some other site like cnn.com

Clear your cookies, delete your internet cache.

Go back to hybridz and login. [/b']

Also, when you login do you guys use the forum login at the top of the forum page near faq, Profile etc?

If you do, try the login in the home page on the right hand side instead.

After you login goto Forums then Profile at top of page and select the button at top that says "Refresh your PostNuke Profile"

Let me know if it worked this time.

That's a negative, ghost rider. The pattern is full.

I had the same problem as Dan. About on ther 10th (Wed.) I suddenly got 130 topics with new posts. I can stay logged in unti I close up the browser (NS 7.1) and a few moinutes later, if I try to get back in, it says I'm not logged in.

I used the link on the forum's Index page.

BTW, if you are concerned about losing your text, put a copy on notepad or something before submitting!

Dan's instructions worked on my machines.
try the login in the home page on the right hand side instead.

--except I used the link in left column of the page :wink:

There is a login on the right hand side...at the bottom of the page.

The fix worked for me for a while but it is acting up again. I dont have tha same problem on my machine at home though...same settings to... :?

FWIW, I use Mozilla and I have this problem also. I tried the instructions, no avail.

However, I did not have the problem until I updated my profile. Before then, everything worked as before with no problems. It could be a coincidence, but you never know.

BTW, if you press "Submit" on a post, and it asks you to log in, just use your browser's Back button - text should be there (at least it is on Moz - you never know what BillG's browser will do ;) )

MAN, this is frustrating.

I just logged in, read some posts, wrote a BIG long post responding to someone about composite filament winding, and when I hit return, got a login screen. I USUALLY copy all the text of my response to the paste buffer, but forgot to. Of course, I couldn't hit "back" and get the text, it'd been lost.

To me, this is the worst problem on the site. It's definitely worse than with the old software.

But overall, I like the new site.

Thanks Dan!

Problem is fixed for me. Not sure if there was a change int he site s/w, but I've been periodically running thru the "fix it procedure" on the various PCs I access the site from and yesterday it started working for me.

Can't seem to change my signature (wanna put a link to the search page in there ;) ), but that is most definitely a minor point.