HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Hey Mike,

So how is Amir doing with my blue LS1 240Z? I hope to have this thing driving in a trackable condition (temperary) by sepember 1st. If I proceed on the IRS it will be longer.

I wanted to get amir , darius, you, me and who ever together for a drag racing day at sacramento or sears point. Fun for all.

Actually Porschephile, this is Cyrus' swap. I have just been posting the pictures for him but I will be doing a swap on my 240Z and am seriously contemplating using the 2JZ-GTE. :oops: I do agree though, the swap is looking really good up to this point. :D

Cyrus, Amir now has all of the suspension, brakes,r230--done on the car. He just got his fender flares done so now he can fit 275/40/17 drag radial in the back. Get your car done and we will plan a track day. I am now setting my car up for a road course, so it might slow me down some in the 1/4 mile.

Mike

Here are some new pictures from Cyrus. With keeping the AC and that huge IC, it looks like air is going to have trouble getting to the radiator. Let us know if it runs cool when you get it running. The intake and turbo plumbing are looking good.

56020269.jpg

56020255.jpg

56020288.jpg

56020278.jpg

THanks for hosting Marcos!

As you can see the pics are reverse order. I had people who wanted to see the supra mounts. See the Wedge in there the brack is also machine to allow the nut to come down flat.

I have pulle about 24 lbs of wiring from the car. The harness is much simpler.

I am installing the vintage air unit you can see.

And you can see the car with the turbo pipes being mocked up.

UPdate

I finished the engine and wiring for most of the car. I used petes relay mod using the supra relays. I still need:

The clutch pedal

the tilton MC

the remaining silcon hose elbow etc

To mount the fuse boxes

shorten the 2 piece drive shaft

mount the drive shaft bearing

mount a fuel tank

Is there a pump I could use with the existing datsun fuel tank?

• 3 weeks later...