HybridZ

Anyone Running 18's???

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe gas mileage? :roll: right now my a/f ratio is like 10:1 below 3500 rpms, so gas mileage is kinda out the window. but thats the stock fuel map for ya. had to richen the whole map with adjustable FPR in order to get it safe on the top end.

So the good side is there aren't any gas fumes when I'm hitting 15 psi! Maybe some clutch fumes . . . :lol:

I'm headed back to the track tonight so I'm hoping for a 12.5

wish me luck!

hehe gas mileage? :roll: right now my a/f ratio is like 10:1 below 3500 rpms' date=' so gas mileage is kinda out the window. but thats the stock fuel map for ya. had to richen the whole map with adjustable FPR in order to get it safe on the top end.

So the good side is there aren't any gas fumes when I'm hitting 15 psi! Maybe some clutch fumes . . . :lol:

I'm headed back to the track tonight so I'm hoping for a 12.5

wish me luck![/quote']

Luck!

And I just wish I had the cash for 17" wheels and tires. Oh well, I justify not getting them because my factory 14x6"s and 15x6.5"s weigh next to nothing, and I can get drag radials and slicks to fit them.

Hey I just had to throw my 2 bits in on this. I think what constitutes a "Rice bucket" are the cars that are setup to look fast but can't back it up aka Posers. Lots of different tastes out there which is no prob, but all show and no go is what I think is a waste.

Another thought... if we aren't ricers then are we Hot Rodders? hehehe

Whats in a name.......

Boost on,

Johnny

Guest JAMIE T

I've got 18x9.5's for my 240Z. When I'm out bruising ego's, the first person who hollars "Rice" gets their nuts cut out... 400 HP LT1, 6 spd, 13" brakes, fully adjustable suspension(in EVERY direction), 2500lb car. Haters can get some. I'll have a sample of my suspension/brakes/wheels at Mike Kelly's on the 15th. The car will be set on KILL by late August.

400 HP LT1, 6 spd, 13" brakes, fully adjustable suspension(in EVERY direction), 2500lb car. Haters can get some. I'll have a sample of my suspension/brakes/wheels at Mike Kelly's on the 15th. The car will be set on KILL by late August.

Doesn't that just say it all for us HybridZ guys? :D

Come get some :twisted: '

!M!

Guest iskone

Hell Yeah :twisted:

I can'y wait till I get my Z built, I want to take it down to cali next year.

Sometimes all I can think about is when I have my Z I'll eat all the other cars on the road, at least that's what I thought when I seen a 360 Modena cruising down the street yesterday.

Jumping back to the original topic: unless properly done, 18" wheels look gaudy on a Z. FWD offset wheels with very little rubber look odd on a Z because it doesn't have the right stance with them.

IMO (mine!) the Z looks good with a chunk of rubber and 0 offset wheels. I specifically like BBS Y spoke wheels (LM series) with 0 offset. In 16"-17, those would be perfect for my car in silver or black with silver rim.

abi.sized.jpg

As it stands right now, I think it has the right stance.

Guest JAMIE T

Auxilary, That is a fine looking Z.

BTW, My 18'a AREN'T FWD offset. They have almost a 4" lip. I can't post pics right now, my front suspension is out of the car.