HybridZ

TO work, or Not to work... That is the question...

Mikelly

So this week I've been sort of off work, but on call and fielding calls about interviews... I had two this week, and a meeting with my old boss, who has since left my company and started his own.

He offered me a job with his new start up firm, $10K more per year, and most of the same benefits, except the leave isn't as good... 5 weeks off vs. 6 weeks with the current company, and 6 holidays instead of all the government recognized holidays. The 401K match was 1% less, but you vest immediately... for a 3% total match based on salary. Everything else is the same. Same health care provider, same long term and short term disability, as well as life insurance.

But the kicker was this:

The job is with two customers who need more help and they will be looking to me to provide SLAs, MOU and MOA verbiage, as well as recommendations on future staffing. Basically handing me a business area to grow within the federal government. My former, and now soon to be future boss is proposing this contract: For all new contracts I sign, I get 2% for up to 2Million bucks, 3% for between 2-4 million, 4% for 4-5 million, and 5% for anything over 5million bucks. In government contracts, this is very good.

Obviously I didn't turn down the gig. I should start with the company by 2nd week in May!

Mike :D

Man, sounds very nice. I am sure it is alot of work, but you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy some or all of the aspects. That is alot of jack, enjoy it. Guy's like you do make it better for guys like me, when you get done with your old toys, we can get them at a discout :)

Good luck with your new prospects.

Just to poke a little fun at the Topic, did you know that the original line by Shakespeare was, " To be or not? To BE, THAT is the question!" not what most laypeople think- "to be or not to be..."

It just shows what happens when you don't pay attention to the teacher.:D

Just to poke a little fun at the Topic' date=' did you know that the original line by Shakespeare was, " To be or not? To BE, THAT is the question!" not what most laypeople think- "to be or not to be..."

It just shows what happens when you don't pay attention to the teacher.:D[/quote']

What a "teacher's Pet!!" suck @$$!! :D:D:twisted::twisted::roll:

Well technically I haven't given my notice yet, since I'm waiting for the irchestration behind the scenes, but I figure all have about three more weeks of working around the house before I have to put on a suit and go back into the environment over at Langley...

SO... I'm residing the garage... Bought a bunch of vinyl siding and by the shindig I should have most of it done... So those of you who have in the past seen the lovely T-111 with the nice fading stain, it will be a thing of the past. Might even get some gutters put up while I'm at it. :D

Going shopping for a big screen TV today though... Gonna be in Richmond at the Sears outlet! :D

Mike

Mike, many congrats! :2thumbs:

That sounds like a sweet deal - one that you couldn't do much better on - at the moment :) - in a year or two, you'll be turning down offers like that for better ones!! If something doesn't work out a year or two from now with this new company, your connections and history with that "world" will be even better than now and you'll be able to write your own ticket anywhere! I'm betting you have a very proud Ma, Pa, and little honey!

Siding on that garage will look great! I hope the Z is getting some wrench attention too?