HybridZ

A tree hit me

Gollum

Well... i havn't postedin a while because of something.... it's called freakin BAD day.

Yea, yall know how my when i bought my new 80' 280ZX the ebrake would jam up so i couldn't use it? Yea, i parked on a hill... put in gear... and aprroiximitlly 20 minuted later rolled about 20-30 feet into a tree. The left corner panel is totalled. Estimated 30+ shop ours to straigten stock panel.

This was very painful, BUT i found a new body that's CLEAN. It's going to need my interior, fuel pump, fuel regulator, and a few other parts. Only paid 500 cash. Towing included. Went and looked at it. Only one rust spot that will take about 1 hour to get rid of. It's just a bit of surface touch up. It's not deep at all.

So go ahead. It's out in the open... I'm a dumb ass. And a young one at that. The hill was steep enought to turn over my engine. Bring on the pain. It' can't be worst than the night it happened.

I do feel really stupid though. I should have just parked a block down and walked. Oh yea... no curb... i hate dang ritz neighborhoods....

I think Tim240z is organizing a hybridz group buy on wheel chocks.

Remember, if you can laugh at yourself, then everything's all good. We've all done stupid things (ever accidentally touched positive to negative on a battery while tightening it down with a wrench?)

I have a 9/16 wrench nic-named 'Ol burny' and its got a big black chunk burned out of it from something similar. I was tightening the main power lead on a starter, and touched the FRAME of the car. Yah, the other end was attached to the battry. Doh! Wow.. ouch.. and a lot of sparks! hee hee... :oops: We all do stupid things evry once in a while..

Must be a common thing! I've also done that with a battery. My dad got fairly pissed when it happened, too, because he was also in the garage (with his back turned) and heard the zzzzapppp when i shorted the terminals while installing ol' sparky. This was just moments after he had told me to be careful. "Riiiiight. Yeah, thanks, Dad. I know what I'm doing." I jumped about a foot, got a whiff of ozone, and laughed for a bit when it happened. More surprising than anything.

I digress, but has anyone else ever made an electromagnet out of a car battery, a resistor (big light bulb), house wiring, and an anvil? I used mine to pick up nails from a roofing project (yes, old iron nails). It also got stuck to the wheel of my truck until I unscrewed the bulb. Fun stuff.

Pat

Guest ON3GO

its ok man.. you didnt mean to do it.. TIM DID.. he just wanted us to feel sorry for him because he's that type of guy.

sorry to hear about your bad luck, but also congrats on your find and good luck!

mike

LOL aux, funny stuff...

THERE WAS NO CURB!!!

I think it should be like a standard or something to have rain gutters with nice tall cement curbs in every neighborhood in the USA. Is that too much to ask?

Accually, i can't really laugh at myself about it...

I couldn't really laugh about my gutar being stolen either.

I COULD laugh at my accident in my honda... no fault accidents are funny...

LOL aux, funny stuff...

THERE WAS NO CURB!!!

I think it should be like a standard or something to have rain gutters with nice tall cement curbs in every neighborhood in the USA. Is that too much to ask?

Accually, i can't really laugh at myself about it...

I couldn't really laugh about my gutar being stolen either.

I COULD laugh at my accident in my honda... no fault accidents are funny...

Guest bastaad525
I think Tim240z is organizing a hybridz group buy on wheel chocks.

:oops::D ROFL

I'll take a set, actually... my Z's e-brake works for crap as well... thought that putting it in first'd be enough should I ever need to park on a hill but I guess not???

"what the heck are those things behind your seat, bryan?" "yeah that's my E-brake :D "

My last Z had the same issue and rolled back in my apartment parking lot, hitting some guys brand new toyota tacoma....

I knew a guy that jump started his dad. Dad was holding the cable in his right and had his wet, left hand on the fender while my buddy was cranking. I thought he was going to die. We all laugh at it now. His dad took up the bag pipes about a month later, so we don’t know if there was any permanent damage. :D

I have a 9/16 wrench nic-named 'Ol burny' and its got a big black chunk burned out of it from something similar. I was tightening the main power lead on a starter, and touched the FRAME of the car. Yah, the other end was attached to the battry. Doh! Wow.. ouch.. and a lot of sparks! hee hee... :oops: We all do stupid things evry once in a while..

That is why you always disconnect the ground wire first (and reattach it last).

That is why you always disconnect the ground wire first (and reattach it last).

well, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one that's lost a run away z down a hill. Sad stuff for sure.

Just got the new baby today. I decided that i want to sell my old hill roller Z as is. Nothing taken off.

Other than it needs about 30+ shop hours to fit the corner panel it's a $3k z easy. NO rust, perfect t-tops with shade covers, runs strong, shifts like new, ultra clean interior... can't pass smog right now, but that will be fixed soon.

Any takers? Gotta know how to do body work. The cost of having this fixed would be too high. It's drivable as is, just looks like a soda can when it meets foot. I'm willing to let go for $1k. I think i should be able to get that much around here. Plenty of Z owners around here.

Anyway... i'll post a new thred about selling my car soon.