HybridZ

totaled my car today.....

240hoke

Hey guys,

I was up on the Hightach mountain cruise on the blueridge parkway today. Great ride lots of awesome cars... They were filming for a DVD had helicopters, camera mounts .. very cool....

Me and six guys were on the way home having some fun, here was the car order:

350z tt

260zt

350ztt

240sx

SVT

lancer

Anway we were traveling at about ----- or so when we were approaching a tunnel entrance the entrance was soaking wet and the 350 in front of me went into a spin and hit the wall i hit the brakes and slid aroudn a hit the wall too, at this point the 350 in back of me slamed into me and knocked me to the other side of the tunnel. I had no controll and went back across hitting the wall for a total of 3 times and slid out of hte tunnel (200-300' long) 5 car involved 2 totaled others badly damaged. Nobody was hurt thank god, it was a miracle given the speed and amount of cars. It was a shame to see the wreck though these cars were beautiful...

Anyway here are some pictures and ive got it all on video:

normal_DSCN4126.JPG

normal_DSCN4125.JPG

normal_DSCN4122.JPG

normal_DSCN4133.JPG

theres a couple more in the general gallery...

This car was my pride and joy, im 17 and have put every penny i earned/saved into this car. This car is totaled, i havent had time to take a good look at it but i know the frame is bent, But im not done my engine is still good so i plan on finding another car (240z probably) and starting on it. If anybody could help me locate a car in really good condition that would be awesome. Anyway, i gotta get some rest more tomarrow.....

-Austin

Guest ON3GO

damn man im so sorry. im glad ur ok.

i no that car ment everything to ya, and you did so much work to that car, and built one hell of a Z for your age.. AND with ur own money at that.

just glad ur ok.

feel better and find urself another Z!

ill help ya out too.

mike

Sucks man, but from the pics it doesnt look like the frame is damaged. Looks like the front left suspension is definitely gone, but it looks repairable. But from the pics it looks like the rear of the car crumpled a little bit. But it may be easier and cheaper to find another Z.

Hope it all works out for ya.

John

thanks guys

ill try and get somemore pictures today but after the wreck we took the hood off to check the engine and saw that front driver side frame rail is buckled pretty bad, its resting against the steering shaft. Anyhow ill have sommore info later today...

-Austin

Well that sucks Austin,

Sorry to hear about your crash, it tis a shame as I had always admired your car because of its cleanliness. at least nothing mechanical has been damaged, if it would have been a more direct front or rear impact you could have either damage the intercooler or engine, or lost the car completely due to a fire(or somebody could have been hurt). hope you find another Z car to work on soon!

actually.... Doesn't a member have a 74 260Z for sale?

Guest RCNSC

That sucks. Glad ya'll are ok. At least all your mechanicals are in shape! Good luck on finding another Z and you got any pics of the wrecked TT 350Zs?

actually.... Doesn't a member have a 74 260Z for sale?

Yup' date=' $4k for what seems to be a pretty good 260z.

It is being sold by Phyte: http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=54&de=461

New poly urethane bushings through out, new front brakes with toyota calipers, 17" american racing wheels, new Kuhmo supra 712 225/45/17's, MSA front airdamn, 78 L28 with SU's. Also with the car comes a complete 83 L28et motor ready to build with 75 intake. This is a very nice zcar! I love this car, but I just landed a huge side job and have 0 time to work on it. A/C works, interior just needs a center console to be complete. I converted it from auto to 1982 5 speed and the shifter holes where different. $4000 with motor and everything, 3700 without L28et.

Good luck. Sorry to hear about your Z. :cry:

normal_DSCN4115.JPG

normal_DSCN4119.JPG

that was one of the 350z's. before the wreck obviously, sorry i dont have any pictures of the other one (silver) ill upload the video shortly and find someone to host it...

here are a couple other nice cars that were there, well almost all of them were awesome, but these are a couple i really like:

normal_DSCN4080.JPG

normal_DSCN4072.JPG

normal_DSCN4103.JPG

Guest RCNSC

That 350Z is sick.

When I saw that yellow 348 Challenge I knew I had seen it before. I'm in Columbia, SC and hes been to a few local shows. Also, I saw him up at Kinkos the other day...

216412_25_full.jpg

216412_26_full.jpg

Buy back the salvage from the insurance company. Usually you pay the insurance co 10% of what they give you for the car. If you didn't have collision coverage then just get it from the tow yard, strip all your upgraded stuff out of it, and then take the shell to the jy.

Glad to hear no one was injured in the accident.

I know some of the tunnels are really slick. Sorry you crashed, glad your OK!

My Mom and Dad live in Maggie Valley right off the parkway.

That's just the way life is, only advice I can give is just dont get too attached to anything, and never follow too close! Oh yea, and dont race on the parkway!

Good Luck!

Dale