HybridZ

This 240Z was stored in a chicken coop since 1987

LS1240Z

Hey khashabi1 ' date=' send the haters this email message

(clock ticking sound) " hack,hack, hack,hack" times is ticking! bid on this or [b']HACK![/b] :D:D:D a V-8 is born!

Do what you want to do, it's YOUR car. :2thumbs:

Must we be so childish as to start shit with others? Have any of you here read the thread on classiczcar? People have apologized for their harsh comments... They have a passion for the stock Z and you here have a passion for the hybrid, hence where there are two different sites...we all love the Z car but just like different things done to it. This site it the place this all started by daring him to post on classiczcars! Please don't let this site become like zcar.com, nothing but a bunch of children with nothing better to do than start shit with other members and other sites. I like this site, and I also like classiczcar. I like the stock Z but certainly appreciate a well done conversion (I'd love to have an RB converted Z but too expensive for me right now).

Also remember that the hardcore eBay people get their bids in within the last few minutes...or even seconds of an auction...it ain't over yet. Personally I'm not sure it will go for $7k because it is not running therefore there may be other problems that are unknown at this time, if it were running and driving I would certainly agree that it could go for $7k+ but non-running I'm thinking more like in the $4-5k range. But hey, I could be wrong! I never though that VIN 26 would go for over a grand in the shape it was in (VERY sad) but it went for over $2350 last week! Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2485459700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT Here's a great example of what people are willing to spend (over spend) on a Z: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2486578721&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

Oh yes, and if I had the cash I'd be buying this perfect example of an all original Z but with a new baby and my own projects already underway there's no budget for it. My loss. :cry:

Say, I have a straight and rust free NM Z car in my driveway I'm going to sell...I'll trade you even! It runs and drives very well but this does not matter to you since you're pulling the drivetrain. From what I can tell it has not been molested very much at all, someone added driving lights and an alarm which are both gone now.

I'm curious why someone hacking into the wiring matters to a V8 conversion? Won't you be removing all the wiring and redoing it for the V8? This is what someone else that I know was doing so I just thought that this was necessary.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 240zgtr

yeah i almost put a bid on that myself but if it were in my hands i'd be throwing an rb in and the purpose of selling it would be defeated anyways i bought a 72 in decent shape last night for $2500.

(clock ticking sound) " hack,hack, hack,hack" times is ticking! bid on this or [b']HACK![/b] :D:D:D a V-8 is born!

Must we be so childish as to start dodo with others? Have any of you here read the thread on classiczcar? People have apologized for their harsh comments... They have a passion for the stock Z and you here have a passion for the hybrid, hence where there are two different sites...we all love the Z car but just like different things done to it. This site it the place this all started by daring him to post on classiczcars! Please don't let this site become like zcar.com, nothing but a bunch of children with nothing better to do than start dodo with other members and other sites. I like this site, and I also like classiczcar. I like the stock Z but certainly appreciate a well done conversion (I'd love to have an RB converted Z but too expensive for me right now).

In case you missed it, i was being sarcastic! notice the three :D faces? I'm pretty sure khashabi1 is'nt going to send that message to any classiczcar people or haters because it's meant as a joke so lighten up. Im with you i like both stock Z and Hybrid but i never sent any email to anyone saying your a dolt for even thinking of chopping an original car or how dare you make money on a car you bought for only $500. All im saying is more power to whatever you want to do and whatever that makes you happy. Sorry if you took this as being childish, it was just for amusement purposes only. By the way i agree with you on hard core E-bay bidders. You'll probably see a sniping war at the last 30 seconds and maybe he'll get the reserve at minimum.

Must we be so childish as to start dodo with others? Have any of you here read the thread on classiczcar? People have apologized for their harsh comments... They have a passion for the stock Z and you here have a passion for the hybrid, hence where there are two different sites...we all love the Z car but just like different things done to it. This site it the place this all started by daring him to post on classiczcars! Please don't let this site become like zcar.com, nothing but a bunch of children with nothing better to do than start dodo with other members and other sites. I like this site, and I also like classiczcar. I like the stock Z but certainly appreciate a well done conversion (I'd love to have an RB converted Z but too expensive for me right now).

In case you missed it, i was being sarcastic! notice the three :D faces? I'm pretty sure khashabi1 is'nt going to send that message to any classiczcar people or haters because it's meant as a joke so lighten up. Im with you i like both stock Z and Hybrid but i never sent any email to anyone saying your a dolt for even thinking of chopping an original car or how dare you make money on a car you bought for only $500. All im saying is more power to whatever you want to do and whatever that makes you happy. Sorry if you took this as being childish, it was just for amusement purposes only. By the way i agree with you on hard core E-bay bidders. You'll probably see a sniping war at the last 30 seconds and maybe he'll get the reserve at minimum.

Sorry man, intent and emotion doesn't always come through in text communication. I didn't realize that you are just being sarcastic, my bad.

I have no problem with someone making profit, I'm doing this right now on a Z I have acquired (ssshhhh!). :) Go free market!

As for chopping up an original car, I'd really hate to see it done to such a fine example. This one could easily become a stock show queen.

Email...NEVER. That's just out right rude and tacky. He has posted on both forums, you can share your opinion there and if you think it's inappropriate to in public then it's probably no better by email.

I'm watching to see what it does go for, I hope he gets his asking price...or decides to trade with me for the one I have. :wink:

10X return sounds pretty good to me... but whatever. I found my rust free '71 for 900 bucks. You just gotta look around and find a deal - obviously something you're either really good at or just super lucky.

Know what.. I changed sides. Chop into it.

I was thinking about it... Even a $10,000 Z really isn't that vaulable of a car. Thats only a new Kia.

You got a great deal, its a damn solid car.... I think you should cut into it and make it a HybridZ!

I was thinking about it... Even a $10,000 Z really isn't that vaulable of a car. Thats only a new Kia.

You got a great deal, its a damn solid car.... I think you should cut into it and make it a HybridZ!

EXACTLY!!! :2thumbs:

The purists had their chance to PUT UP OR SHUT UP. They didn't put up (I didn't think they would), so now it's time for option 2!!!

:cheers:

I was thinking about it... Even a $10' date='000 Z really isn't that vaulable of a car. Thats only a new Kia.

You got a great deal, its a damn solid car.... I think you should cut into it and make it a HybridZ![/quote']

Are you on crack!? That's more than 3x the cost of the car when it was new! A $10k Z is a rather valuable car.

Well I wish that someone had been willing to pay the ransom for this car to save it but that didn't happen and it is your car so have a great time with it. Please do the car justice and do this conversion right, and not just another hack job. I'd love to see pix when it's done...and the video of you spanking Daruis.

My offer to trade my rust free Z for your's still stands. Your's is pure stock whereas the one I have is not, someone repainted it in a different color at one point, had installed and removed a wing, installed an alarm and driving lights wich are both gone now, non-OEM rear carpet, and a different shift knob. Other than that it's a running driving solid Z. If you're interested shoot me a PM or email FAST, it's going for paint tomorrow!

Well, I spoke with Darius the other day and car is coming right along.He will be having a segment on the next video "Return of the Z"...Hopefully my car will be done.We will be getting footage of our car at the track and a few other surprises too.I would love to spank him so we will have to see.Darius is a very competitive person and wont accept someone spanken him..I'm sure he has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Well I wish that someone had been willing to pay the ransom for this car to save it but that didn't happen and it is your car so have a great time with it. Please do the car justice and do this conversion right' date=' and not just another hack job. I'd love to see pix when it's done...and the video of you spanking Daruis.

My offer to trade my rust free Z for your's still stands. Your's is pure stock whereas the one I have is not, someone repainted it in a different color at one point, had installed and removed a wing, installed an alarm and driving lights wich are both gone now, non-OEM rear carpet, and a different shift knob. Other than that it's a running driving solid Z. If you're interested shoot me a PM or email FAST, it's going for paint tomorrow![/quote']

I forgot what D's time's were at the track.I'm not to sure about other guy on the board that are able to beat him.He blew his motor up on the dyno at about 675HP about 3 1/2 yrs ago and motor was running horrable.Now he has the motor totaly rebuilt and got rid or the charger but has got something else in the works.I cant say or he would be pissed.Traction should not be a problem now........with 315's :shock: ..........

If there is anybody interested in racing D......Get in line!

Darius? Where is Darius's timeslip?

I bet we have more than a few people here that can spank him already.

I was thinking about it... Even a $10' date='000 Z really isn't that vaulable of a car. Thats only a new Kia.

You got a great deal, its a damn solid car.... I think you should cut into it and make it a HybridZ![/quote']

Are you on crack!? That's more than 3x the cost of the car when it was new! A $10k Z is a rather valuable car.

Are you on crack!?! Ever hear of inflation? :roll:

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/bu2/inflateCPI.html

I tried this calculator at a starting price of $3000, I think the Z might have cost more like $3500 in '70. 2004 cost equivalent for $3000: $14,226. So the value of the Z hasn't kept up with inflation. If you love your Z fine, if you love your L6 fine. I love my L28 too! But this IS hybridz.org and most people are here to talk about drivetrain swaps and the LS1 is seemingly the current "best" swap. Certainly the LS1 would be more FUN to drive and FASTER than a stock L24.

If stock is what you're after, you're in the wrong forum.

khashabi1--Good find, I hope you make it a screamer! Congrats.