HybridZ

The BlueOvalZ shows its arss

blueovalz

The tires are 315/35zr17s on an 11" wheel. Floral foam is what I used. There are two kinds, one reacting to the resin, and the other that does not. Send me an e-mail (not a PM) so I can send you a Word document describing the process if you're interested.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called the "Ford can design the new Z better than Nissan"

I agree. Had the 350Z looked like this (not my car, but your photo), THEN I would consider it for myself, but I have yet to look at a new 350Z without wondering "what were they thinking".

Great looking car. Any more photos?

315's :shock: , on an 11" wheel. Crap man and to think I want 10-12" wheels. Okay now guesstimate if I widened the rear four inches how big of a rim (width) could I fit? I want to do 17"'s on my 280ZX. I'm almost done with my clay sculpt. I'll post pics when its painted in all. Detail work was impossible though. Hood scoops are just holes and the rear diffuser i couldn't really make. My scale is too darn small. Next time i'm going much bigger.

My rear flares are 4.5" wider than the OEM sheetmetal was, and the fronts are 4" wider. When I had racing tires and wheels, I used a 12.5 on a 12" in back, and a 10.5 on a 10" in front. I could have gone a bit smaller (up to 3" wider instead of 4") up front and it would have been just fine. All this was based on a backspacing of 5" with the use of coil-overs.

Thinking out loud here; I had 8" wheels (with 245s) under the OEM sheetmetal on my 280 w/o coil-overs, so add another 4", and a 12" wheel should fit if you're carefull. An 11" for sure.

Note: I've not ever owned a ZX, but I believe the wheel wells are deeper on them, so you'll need to make your own measurements and determine what you need.

Wow that much of a flare. I just doesn't look like that much. From my point of view it seems more like a 2" flare from the farthest OEM point on the original quarter panel. I think its just one of the those things you have to see to understand. As for the wheels i'll have to measure and guesttimate on a size.

Holy moly... where the hell did Ford pull that one from?

I decided to delay my rb30dett 280zx for a complete customly built car, and what happens, someone flogs my design, bastards! (well looks pretty dam close)

did someone say 500z / 500zx?

Terry, I just got done looking at a bunch of your new pics on the fototime site. I was afraid I wouldn't like the street version of your car as muc has the old race version, but I think they are the two best looking Zs ever!

What the hell is that' date=' the Ford Blind Spot? :D[/quote']

No. Its called the "Ford can design the new Z better than Nissan"

I Totally agree!

That new Shelby is beautiful. Too bad I won't be able to afford one!

You are an inspiration, i'm flaring my 280zx, and looking at your car i decided ill try coping your exhaust ( only on one side.. i will go with r32 lights a whale tail and i allready shaved the bumper)

I need a vent in the rear to since i need to release the diffcoolers hot air...

but great work...

Though i would have done the lights in a diffrent fashion, but ooh well..

GOOD JOB MAN really cool!!

Guest 2FordEZ

Terry

That Z is a work of art. Fantastic, I can't say enough about it. I know from the few projects that I have worked on that you have spent A LOT of time (and sweat) on that car. If you are married, tell your wife I know it had to be difficult, but it was worth it. Terry did a great job and should be proud.

I'm here in Hot Springs, drop me a line the next time your headed this way and we can talk Z's. If you are in the BlueOvalZ, I want to see it up close.

Take care and be safe

Coby

PS

I JUST started on my '70 240. Stripped the interior and found the passenger floor swiss-cheesed. It isn't bad, and that's the worst part, so if feel good about it.

I'm thinking of going with the 89 300zx taillight on my 240.