HybridZ

Huge Part of the Project is COMPLETE!!!!

EvilRufusKay

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is cool to share my work with those that appreciate it!

I gotta say it feels good to get close to something I have been working at for awile now.

Matt,

Yup those are your buckets baby. The hinge has an adjustable stop which keeps the whole assembly from flipping over. That is as far forward I could get it without trimming the bottom of the air dam. It sits nice there though and does not want to fall closed so it is perfect!

Nice work Rufus!

Make sure you give props to John W. for all his cool parts. 8)

The cut line you decided on looks good. I had forgotten that you were using SubtleZ front fenders. With paint on mine I notice that the light bends around the area between the door and the wheel opening. A curved cut line that kind of matches the same curve would just about disapear in the light. Take your time finishing it or pay a good shop. Any misfit there is going to show up bigtime when the paint is on.

Did you use a steel hood or fiberglass?

FWIW, you will wish that you had cut out the holes for the headlights before you glassed the buckets on. Gonna be a PITA now. :(

Don't mean to sould like wet towel, really. It looks great, very original. :2thumbs:

Nice work Rufus!

Make sure you give props to John W. for all his cool parts. 8)

Good point Dan, thank you for reminding me. I believe I mentioned it in a previous post but the parts I am using all came fom John Washington at Reaction Research. I have a fiberglass hood (plain not cowl induction)

Subtle Z Fenders and Air Dam

ZX Spyder Vents

Upper portions of John's Vella Rossa Cheek panels and YZ rear quarters

Owen,

Liquid Aluminum is a type of 2 part filler goes on easy like regular body filler but you sand it before it completley cures. It has metal in it (somehow :? ) and dries to be superhard. I used it on my edges where I shaved my drip rails ans it worked great!!