HybridZ

2006 Z06 GMI Spies: Best Spy Shot Yet!

LS1240Z

With five hundred HP, It is gonna be a bad ride... Rumor is that the Z06 will come in a targa and a convertible as well, but I'm betting it won't be either. They built this car to be raced, and most sanctioning bodies don't like exposed interiors in a showroom stock or stock configuration vehicle... I could be wrong, but to keep the cost to 15% less than a Viper, they won't be able to offer it in multiple platforms like that... My bet is the Z06 is a Hardtop, or in the Vette world, FRC... Fixed Roof Coup.

Mike :D

The first C6 showed up here in Rio the last week in August. Our Chevy dealer says the next 6 are pre-sold. No word on if any of those are Z06s.

I like the shape. Very clean, evolutionary. Not very bold of the designers though. I lament the demise of the hide-a-way headlights. Not since 1962, the year I was born!

I think the "Stingray" design philosophy has gone about as far as it can be taken. I think it may be time to take the look of the Vette in a new direction. They've done it before, '63, '68, (and to a lesser degree in '84).

Some of us Z guys gripe about the look of the new 350Z but at least the designers had the cahones (sp?) to go a new way.

I read in a an unrelated post here that blunders can be forgiven, but lack of boldness cannot!

To me, JMHO FWIW, no one can accuse the designers of the C6 of being bold. :wink:

Dan, None of the current C6s are Z06s. They won't be released until 2005 as a 2006 model...

Although I agree that they didn't get crazy with the style changes, when you see the two (C5 and C6) side by side, and walk around them, you get the full impact of just HOW MANY things were changed on the car... The biggest complaint I've had about my C5 was the SIZE of it. The C6 is considerably smaller, and I like that... It has the same overall size as the new 2005 Porsche 911.

Mike 8)

Speaking pof retro styling, I ran across an old Motor Trend (or maybe Road and Track) from a year or so ago with a kit that was built transforming a new(at the time) Vette into a look alike of a '53 vette. Did anybody see the magazine? I think it was Oct. or Nov. of last year.

Please don't get me wrong, the corvette is for sure a very well engineered car and a great value.........but if you ever wondered why GM discontinued the camaro, just look at the front end of the new vettes!!!! I guess the old saying "A wolf in sheeps clothing" does have relivance here. :D

Speaking pof retro styling, I ran across an old Motor Trend (or maybe Road and Track) from a year or so ago with a kit that was built transforming a new(at the time) Vette into a look alike of a '53 vette. Did anybody see the magazine? I think it was Oct. or Nov. of last year.

In production (special order):

f8bdb37d.jpg

f8bdb391.jpg

f8bdb3b8.jpg

f8bdb3db.jpg

f8bdb372.jpg