HybridZ

anyone know any places for carpet

Guest 83supaZ

Guest 83supaZ

i know this doesnt really go in with paint and body work.. but interior enhances the look of the car as well... and i dont know where else to post it lol.. anyway.. where are some good places to find carpet for Z's? im thinkin some thick black shag cut.. yeahhhh baby!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to do it on the cheap, Wally world sells automotive hardback cut pyle carpet by the roll. 3' x 5' for 8 bux. The stuff really looks good. I bought 5 rolls. I have to wait until they get some more in as I have 2 cars to do. They also had it in tan, and what looked like lite blue or grey, and black.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

SummitRacing.com. They won't have it listed, but you can call them at 1-800-230-3030. They sell ACC and another brand, and they usually run <$125. Quality is high and you can choose the type and color from about a million possible combos.

JC Whitney has a couple options: pile or loop and original or covers all the diamond vinyl spots. I got the pile setup that covered everything. I had an upholstery guy install it. He said it was an A- in his opinion. I had to have one thing fixed though. After about a week of driving with the kit in, I had the throttle stuck WOT several times. I went back and the guy added a little corner where the floor and the firewall met down by the pedals and that cured the problem.

I think http://www.classicdatsun.com has really authentic factory kits.

Guest 240zJake

I have the victoria british kit, have not installed it yet, but in the test run the fit seemed to be ok.

I think that loop is a more durable carpet, but i prefer the pile carpet,feels better IMO.

Guest tony78_280z

I got my no fray carpet from walmart it looked real slick. That is until I did the motor swap and trashed it with oils and crud. I doubt it'll clean up. But I spent 16.00 to do the whole thing (2+2) so I can afford to do it again. If you are handy with scissors and glue and tape you can do it yourself in a few hours and it looks pretty good. Especialy if you can take your old carpet out and make a pattern from it to cut the new pieces. And for 16.00 you can afford to replace your carpet once every couple of years (or one motor swap) for that spotless new car look.

I also used the Victory British 3 in one insulator for like 30.00 to keep heat and sound (I forget what the third thing is) down. This stuff is alot harder to cut and shape than the carpet, but it's worth it.

The only horror is that you realy discover how much rust is in your floorboard when that carpet is up. :cry: