HybridZ

Increasing worth of my Z before i sell it...

rustrocket

Clean, clean, clean. If the paint is dull then buff it. But the cheapest thing that will impress potential buyers is if it's clean. If there is any odor at all inside get a can of something to put under a seat to make it smell good.

Edit: I just looked at the pics. Seatcovers.

I would buy some SEM upholstery paint / dye and at least change the interior color to one single color -- I would think black should be pretty easy. This paint isn't really expensive, either. Like the others said, clean A LOT. Go all out -- clean the engine bay, perhaps repaint the air filter housing, put some of that spray-n-shine crap on the tires, etc. An air freshner would be great. If you're good with the body work, try and repair that rear dent. But then again, it looks like you're really not expecting much out of it, so I wouldn't worry about investing a bit more in it. I'd say your best bet would be just to give it a good clean / detail.

Good one about the $20, :lol:

Yup... clean clean clean.. 'diddy' it up as best you can.. maybe try to at least grind/wire wheel the rust/body damage and spray some rust paint over it. (white tremclad, the old stand by. cheep and efective:) ) Seeing as the car is white, it shoudn't look too bad... Personaly, when I look at something, I'd rather see damaged areas/rusted sections cleaned and just sprayed over so I KNOW there isn't an inch of bondo over it.. if you're not great with body work, or don't spend some time on it it looks worse IMO then just cleaning/preping it.. (a dent is bad.. but a 'hack' or quick fix over it is worse..) Definatly get the interior looking good, clean the windows and shine the bumper/wheels/ect up nice. I'd say ask $1800 and take best offer...

Steam clean your entire interior, 1 hour with a steam cleaner can do wonders for your carpet and any inherent odours. Nothing sells a car like sitting in a beautiful interior. If your seats are totaled buy a quality seat cover and make sure you clean your headliner, I always check that out when buying a car. Another thing is to clean your engine bay area. It says a lot to me when a car is clean under the hood. Good luck with the sale.