HybridZ

Tail Panel Progress

wow, It's great to see how you modified the car and still be true to the original lines of the car. It just looks a lot beafier (sp?).

I was looking at this pic:

2.JPG

This might not work as a air intake because the air rushing over the surface of the car will create a low pressure area and thus suck air from the vent. It doesn't matter if the vent is pointing forward or backwards. It would have to be a raised intake, like a scoop, to work as a intake.

google "bernoulli" or "venturi"

If you want to know what I meen.

Looking great man! You still thinking she'll be out driving this fall? I've got most of the bugs worked out of mine (just have to install the front KYB's and toy brakes) and with the 5 gear, I'm thinking about some long distance drives maybe late in the summer/early fall... Would be cool if we could to meet up, I'd love to check out your creation. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Guys!

Georgia - The panel need to be trimmed a bit more so the lights go in all the way. They are sitting back or into the car about a 1/2" further than they will when it is done. Then I will just glass up to them leeaving the somewhat frenched portion molded into the lens housing. I will be painting over the fake carbon fiber though.

Xander - That is a good point. After I put these on I decided that I didn't like them much. They will change before too long. Thanks for the insight.

DatsunLover - That would be awesome man!!! I hope to drive by fall...we will see..it will be close. It would be for sure if you had an extra LS1/T56 drivetrain laying around that you wanted to donate to the project!!! :wink:

Evil fab work looks awesome. I see one problem. With the shape of the H2 housings the pointed top far right and left corners should be reversed. That way the rounded top corner is to the outside of the panel and will match the curve of the corners of the car. I wonder if this makes any sense. Basically I just think it would look a little better if the housings were traded. But now I probably sound like an A$$. Awesome work though. Those look like a really good choice

i loved most stuff you have done sofar on your car... BUT ... sorry not abig fan of the lights yet, might need to see the big picture, but i dont like how they mis teh lines of the z completely and have a off look with the lines...

hoewever the good part is that it doesnt really matter what i think of them it is your car!! and i really like teh way you go about it, im really curious in teh outcome, might need to see the bigger picture!

Topless - The way you describe would put the stop light on the outside with the reverse on the outside. I can switch the housings but the only difference would be that the radius would be on the bottom...

Frank - The honesty is appreciated. They are not exactly what I wanted but very close so I went with it. I may mod them a bit so we will see if we can win you over later!! :wink:

Terry - As always...Thanks!!

Corzette - The lights were about 85 bucks new.

Mario - I agree the reverse lights will blind people. I am considering doing something like tinting the outside edge. See below. Anyone know how I can achieve this without ruining the lens?

tint.jpg

I am considering doing something like tinting[/b'] the outside edge...how I can achieve this without ruining the lens?

:redface:

you can use tint[/b'] and just make a cutting that will do a circle to your liking..

Sometimes things are so obvious they elude me.....:twak:

...thanks mike :icon44:

By the looks of the housings you could switch the lights in the housings if you swapped sides to keep the brake lights on the outside. I think the curved corner follows the lines of the rear a little better. Im thinking about using those lights and just cutting out the shape of the lights ie 3 circles and having the housing completly hidden. That would be pretty cool.