HybridZ

Well... Got the '26 installed this weekend... no 56k

Zhadman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY NICE, Ricky wongs are the best mounts Ever made, for the price. nice pics please post some tranny mounts pictures...

I have one question, did you have any reinforcement to the chassis? like the bottom frame structure?

Nice car.

BTW I noticed your dipstick is still in the front. Not sure if you know or not but there is a little plug in about the same spot at the rear of the block on the same side. You just knock it out from the underside and swap everything around.

can you explain this...?

thank you...

can you explain this...?

thank you...

The rb block is setup for 2 different oil pans along with 2 different oil dipstick locations. in the GTR it is in the front with the sump. for the S30 swap you need a rear sump oil pan. just so happens there is a hole in the rear part of the block for a dip stick also. you just pop it out and swap the plug with the dipstick in the front. Does that make sense... kinda hard to explain without pics.

Someone was using there head when they built the rb26!!!!

rayaapp2,

Thanks for the link in your post. That is almost exactly what I was thinking of doing if I ran into clearance issues with the steering shaft.

ZXRockie,

No structural reinforcement yet. I don't have easy access to the underside of the car (i.e. No lift). Once the car is painted and moves to a new location I'm going to pull the diff and rear suspension for cleaning, powdercoating, and new bushing R&R. I'm going to look into connecting the rear frame rails to the main rails. It's been done by Hybrid guys quite a few times and I will follow their lead.

Before paint, however, I am going to have JohnC fabricate me a 4pt cage that will tie in the rear strut towers.

I imagine that a combination of the two will be sufficient.

Guest JAMIE T

On the subject of the oil pan and dipstick, etc...

You'll also notice what looks like an un-drilled alternative oil pick-up. It appears you could theoretically drill it out and plug the stock one and move the pick-up toward the back of the block for a rear sump. Just theory. Aren't the LM-GT-R's rear wheel drive? I assume they still use the front sump.

The rb block is setup for 2 different oil pans along with 2 different oil dipstick locations. in the GTR it is in the front with the sump. for the S30 swap you need a rear sump oil pan. just so happens there is a hole in the rear part of the block for a dip stick also. you just pop it out and swap the plug with the dipstick in the front. Does that make sense... kinda hard to explain without pics.

Someone was using there head when they built the rb26!!!!

Yeah I understand, but like you say, a visual is necessary. I would into it. thanks.

ZXRockie,

No structural reinforcement yet. I don't have easy access to the underside of the car (i.e. No lift). Once the car is painted and moves to a new location I'm going to pull the diff and rear suspension for cleaning, powdercoating, and new bushing R&R. I'm going to look into connecting the rear frame rails to the main rails. It's been done by Hybrid guys quite a few times and I will follow their lead.

Before paint, however, I am going to have JohnC fabricate me a 4pt cage that will tie in the rear strut towers.

I imagine that a combination of the two will be sufficient.

I just ask cause my friend is swaping to a camaro and he keeps telling me; "you need to get new frame rails in the chassi, the torque would do some damage"... the cage in the rear end is a great plus, i would get a 6 point in the rear made by 600.00 bucks. a triangle strut bar in the front and that better make the magic.

I mean the actual bottom of the chassi is very bend and dented due to lifting and who knows... so let see...

thank you again

Ran into some clearance issues with the stock transmission mount locations (in the tunnel). Wasn't much of a setback though... we drilled out the spotwelds for the mount reinforcement. We're going to move it to the rear and downward so we can use the original 240 tranny mount (upside down). I'll post some additional pics in the upcoming weeks when I get that figured out.

Please please please let me know how this works out. Is the car in Long Beach or is it back home right now? If it's in Long Beach i definately want to coem check it out.

My car is actually in Riverside...

Right now I don't have any pictures of the mount yet... we are just in planning/fabrication stage. What we are planning to do might be overkill and others may find an easier way to accomplish this. When finished I'll provide more detailed information. I won't be able to work on it again for a couple weeks. When I complete the mount you are more than welcome to come check it out. Realize, though, that I'm using Rick Wongs mounts and not Brads... I don't know if they put the motor/tranny in a comparable location.

As far as the RB25 having two dipstick locations like the RB26... I dunno. My RB25 knowledge is extremely limited. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

Guest FLiPSyDe71

I'm doing the same project myself... just got the engine mounts but what do you use for the rubber between the mounts and the chasis?? Did you make them custom or did you use some off a different car. Any info would be great. Thanks! -jAy

I'm doing the same project myself... just got the engine mounts but what do you use for the rubber between the mounts and the chasis?? Did you make them custom or did you use some off a different car. Any info would be great. Thanks! -jAy

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100297

See post #8 in this thread.

You wouldn't happen to have pictures of your tranny mount setup do you?

I've seen many and am trying to figure out the best possible way with Brad Motor Mounts.

Also does the RB25 have the duel dip stick relocater deal?

No

You wouldn't happen to have pictures of your tranny mount setup do you?

I've seen many and am trying to figure out the best possible way with Brad Motor Mounts.

Also does the RB25 have the duel dip stick relocater deal?

tHE rB25DET DOES SEEN TO HAVE THE RELOCATION FOR THE OIL STICK, BUT IT IS SEAL, I DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO DRILL IT AND AND TAP THE OIL STICK IN THERE AND THEN SHUT THE ORIGINAL ONE OR WHAT THE PROCESS IS. BOTH BLOCK ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL.