HybridZ

Where do I get 3/16 male to male 90* elbows?

I want to put 90* elbows on my brakes to angle out the SS lines straight to the brakes without running excess amount of hard brake lines for front and rears.

I've seen them done on other people's Zs, but neither napa nor kragen around here have those in place. Closest I found was male to female 90*, and they didn't have male-male adapters. Home depot doesn't stock 3/16 thread pitch either

Good question! I just spent the last hour on the web searching for almost the same part. I saw a picture of a members car where the front brake line went through the inner fender with a 90 degree bulkhead 3/16" flare fitting and I've been looking for them ever since. There's a part that's close in the Jegs catalog (a Russell part), but they want $17 ea for them. Any good source for this stuff will be appreciated!

something like this?

http://www.secureperformanceorder.com/afcostore/getproduct.cfm?CategoryID=3&ClassID=36&SubclassID=150&ProductID=1817

edit:Nevermind, I see that you are still running metric stuff.

One thing you should keep in mind is that Nissan ran the hard tube from the caliper to the hard point on the strut for a reason: The ends of flexhose are supposed to be mounted in planes that are parallel to each other. Otherwise the flexhose tries to rotate as the wheel goes up and down relative to the frame. The twisting can cause the barake line to loosen. As added insurance, the ends of the flexhose are mounted in clips to prevent rotation.

Edit: double checked the military spec that details the installation of flex hoses (ML0102-306)

If you have a flare tool you could just make your own with a short piece of 3/16 brake line with 2 male fittings on it. Would only require one flare and probably cost $3.

If you don't have a flare tool I'd just buy two brake lines from NAPA and then find somebody who has the tool and buy em a six pack to do it for you.

lol. I can't believe no one makes it, because I've seen it in pictures on existing cars!

shortest premade line that kragen sells is 6", and I still have to bend it quite a bit to get required result. The fact is that I found the exact needed fitting in male to female config leads me to believe that same one in male to male should exist

unfortunately i do not have a flare tool, nor know someone who does, otherwise this would be resolved easily ;)

You could locate a hydraulic supply company or a rubber and hose supply company in your area (usually the industrial parks). The pieces that http://www.summitracing.com and http://www.jegs.com sell are usually Earl's or Russell. Both are high quality. Be sure to get the right material for the job (E.G. steel in brake lines). Don't put your life on the line for fancy anodized aluminum pieces. I understand the reluctance to spend $$ on small parts but somtimes you just have to. Try doing a web search on 'AN fittings' to see a whole lot of sources. Most will be selling the same namebrand/item. Just look for the best deal. You might try calling these places for better info.

fastzcars: no brake plumbing on raceplumbing.com

dalemx: i'm not seeing a standard 3/16 m2m fitting. just 3/8 banjo fittings. I'm not interested in converting my braking system to AN setup, because all I need are two adapters to use with 240sx calipers. I could use the banjo bolts... IF the 240sx calipers used 3/8 and not 3/16.

the idea here guys, is to spend 10 bucks at most and not have to change over the whole system. I have no desire to go out and buy a $50 flaring tool and $10 in hardware to create something that is readily available at a store.

I'll check out a plumbing store this weekend and see if they have matching steel parts that I need