HybridZ

Just finished My first paint Job!! *pics*

240hoke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys just waiting on my pistons then ill be geting her just about done. When my pistons get here... well who knows when that will be i was hoping this weekend.

peej410 - On the hood -- it is from Alex (sr240z) I believe he has a couple more for sale, it is fiberglass/carbon and is OUTSTANDING quality. Fit is great and it looks awesome go to http://www.vildinimotorsport.com/products/products.html for more info. i jsut need my vintage z carbon to match!! cant wait for it.

BWRex -- Hehe I didnt think anybody actually looked at my website, I had given up with it perhaps I will update it sometimes lol.

peej410 - On the hood -- it is from Alex (sr240z) I believe he has a couple more for sale' date=' it is fiberglass/carbon and is OUTSTANDING quality. Fit is great and it looks awesome go to [url']http://www.vildinimotorsport.com/products/products.html[/url] for more info. i jsut need my vintage z carbon to match!! cant wait for it.

BWRex -- Hehe I didnt think anybody actually looked at my website, I had given up with it perhaps I will update it sometimes lol.

alright cool thanks, i might be making fiberglass/carbon door panels because my cage intrudes into the stock units.

i was oggling your front suspension on your website because im looking to do the same thing. did you use really high quality heim joints or just regular ones?

I used all QA1 stuff, which is pretty high quality. I bought all my stuff from local race shops that supply nascar teams with parts, but they still arent the best out there. My car wont be a daily driver, so longevity isnt a huge issue. Plus they can be swapped out for a reasonable price.

I used all QA1 stuff, which is pretty high quality. I bought all my stuff from local race shops that supply nascar teams with parts, but they still arent the best out there. My car wont be a daily driver, so longevity isnt a huge issue. Plus they can be swapped out for a reasonable price.

alright cool thanks! i checked out the pictures on that sight and the hood loooks goood and for 350 you cant go wrong, too bad i have to save for my motor. haha

BEAUTIFUL! I like that color even better than the color on my car, which I like very much! Looks like one hell of a nice job!

Are you going to paint the hood? Personally, I think the car would look 300% better with that beautiful paint on that hood.

Update if you've got the time(I'm still looking for the bed in the Z,because you must sleep in that garage with all the work you've done in a relatively short amount of time!)Yea those dogleg patch photos will sure come in handy.And I've got not 1,but 2 to do!I'm also using your fuel cell fab as reference as well.Question:Where did you mount the battery and the fuel pump?That looks like the same size cell as mine,Summit 20 gal?If you have any more photos that would save me some serious configuration time hopefully.BTW,If you're going to paint that hood,I'll paint mine blue and we can trade!:biggrin:That thing is gonna look killer!

Thanks again on the compliments -- hood will remain carbon for now, its so beautiful i cant bring myself to paint it... well except it got damaged in transit, it has a busted corner and im waiting on replacement. Dunno whats gonna happen to it but would be a perfect canidate for paint.

Anywho, on the fuel cell placement, i would consider doing it somewhat different. I plan on redesigning mine so that i have some type of sheet metal around it so i can pass SCCA regualtion. but anyway..

the battery is mounted behind my passenger seat -- its a oddysey battery. 99 bucks for a light drycell battery! Check them out, you can get them from west coast batteries.

Ill post a picture of it tomrrow, im at home on fall break so i dont have all the pictures on this computer.

Thanks again on the compliments -- hood will remain carbon for now' date=' its so beautiful i cant bring myself to paint it... well except it got damaged in transit, it has a busted corner and im waiting on replacement. Dunno whats gonna happen to it but would be a perfect canidate for paint.

Anywho, on the fuel cell placement, i would consider doing it somewhat different. I plan on redesigning mine so that i have some type of sheet metal around it so i can pass SCCA regualtion. but anyway..

the battery is mounted behind my passenger seat -- its a oddysey battery. 99 bucks for a light drycell battery! Check them out, you can get them from west coast batteries.

Ill post a picture of it tomrrow, im at home on fall break so i dont have all the pictures on this computer.[/quote']

if your getting a replacement hood perhaps i could buy your blem off of you .... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 73Turbo240z
Thanks again on the compliments -- hood will remain carbon for now' date=' its so beautiful i cant bring myself to paint it... well except it got damaged in transit, it has a busted corner and im waiting on replacement. Dunno whats gonna happen to it but would be a perfect canidate for paint.

Ill post a picture of it tomrrow, im at home on fall break so i dont have all the pictures on this computer.[/quote']

would you mind giving a little more info on this painless 18 circut kit you did, i see wires flopped out the front so i'm assuming your pretty far into the install, i had a customer bring me one of there direct fit kits for a willies overland jeep, and that install left a really bad taste in my mouth cause it was poorly written, and the process of making a 6v car work on 12v design wasn't fun... so i'd like to know if the 18 circut was easier to manage...

how are the labels wired?

any snag points or errors in there diagrams?

what all have you wired up?

basically trying to get a foothold on what i'm going to do as you and i have gone completely backwards from one another, i built my engine 1st and decided to worry about the looks after lol.

thanks guys!

zg240 -- Im am in mooresville is down the road a bit from shelby (about an hour). I think you are two hours or so away depending on how fast you drive :) you sold chekc out http://www.carolinzclub.net

73turbo240z -- I am almost done with the painless install, I currently have all the lights working, and the steering colum wired. So far so good, it has taken alot of time but the process hasnt been that difficult. Ive tested everything and it is working so far, this weekend I am going to be wrapping her up with wiring the motor and signals to the gauges. I wouldnt get the 18cricuit again, i thought it would be beneficial but the way it is wired it really isnt; you just get tons of extra crap you dont need (unless you want a/c power windows etc)

I mounted my fuse box on the passenger side and ran the front light wires under the fender, made for a super clean install.

All the wires are labled indivially and are color coded, it is very nice and everything can be traced with teh book they give you. I have been using the painless diagrams in combination with the sticky in the electrical section to do my wiring. The sticky in the electrical section was a big help for the steering colum. Thanks guys!!

I plan on doing a little write up when I am finished, but lately between school-work and hammering in hours on the car when i can on the weekends, I havent had much time. There are a few pictures in my photo album of the wiring, ill upload some more tonight. ANyway lemme know if you have any more questions:

photo album: http://gallery.voodoo-people.com/austin