HybridZ

Just finished My first paint Job!! *pics*

240hoke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, that is one gorgeus paint job. You're also an inspiration to me being a fellow younger cat to try and do a lot of this stuff myself. At first I didn't want to even touch the body work at all, but there is a quote going on around here somewhere "If you didn't build you don't own it". Once again that is sweet.

Guest Battle Pope

I wish I could paint, much less half as good as the work you've done. Definitely makes me jealous, and makes me want to learn.

hehe, thanks for the compliments guys, yall are really making my day and giving me some inspiration to finish the car up.

I just got my painless wiring kit in the mail today (18 circuit) and some other tid bits, lots of work ahead. But should come together quick

"If you didn't build it you don't own it"

I strongly believe in this, anybody can pay a company to build their car,all that takes is money. But when you build it, it is truely yours and you have respect for it. In most cases you can buy the tools required for the job with the money you saved doing it yourself. Ive learned how to weld and do bodywork, and a host of other things on this car... Nobody else has touched it. I just cant wait for the day when i take it to a car show and they ask me who did this or that and i can say "I did". That will make everything worth it.

I strongly believe in this' date=' anybody can pay a company to build their car,all that takes is money. But when you build it, it is truely yours and you have respect for it. In most cases you can buy the tools required for the job with the money you saved doing it yourself. Ive learned how to weld and do bodywork, and a host of other things on this car... Nobody else has touched it. I just cant wait for the day when i take it to a car show and they ask me who did this or that and i can say "I did". That will make everything worth it.[/quote']

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Guest Mugen405

Just out of curiousity, what kind of research / reading did you do before painting? Any specific books or sites that you read? I'm looking at doing my first paint and body job here soon, but I have no clue where to even start.

And, as everyone else has already said, it looks great....good job.

I actually looked at a few painting books buttttt... they were very confusing and seemed to make it ALOT more complicated then it is. I actually just went to my local paint store one day and started talking with them. They helped me get setup with what type of paint and primer and told me what to do between each step. I followed their advice and everything went pretty smooth.

The actual painting doesnt take most of the time its the body work you just have to take your time and do everything till its right.

Ooo and some advice i found out -- dont use regular bondo -- spend the extra 20 bucks and buy some high qulity stuff. It spreads easy and the stuff i used had NO pinholes!

-- painless makes universal wiring kits (read pain-ful), im in the middle of the install now, so far everything is really nice every single wire is individually marked, anyway ill make another post about it when im done.

Yup, Austin Just gave the best tip of this thread... Doug Carrow hipped me to this a while back... BONDO brand filler is GARBAGE... I think we use the Evercoat Light Filler... Stuff goes on smooth, sands well, and leaves ZERO pinholes...

I showed my wife this pic and gave a little Background on Austin and she was blown away... Amazing talent there young man!

Mike

BONDO brand filler is GARBAGE... I think we use the Evercoat Light Filler... Stuff goes on smooth' date=' sands well, and leaves ZERO pinholes...

Mike[/quote']

We use evercoat light filler in our shop too, works great. BTW great job Austin, still mad about the whole you beating me thing lol...