HybridZ

Just finished My first paint Job!! *pics*

240hoke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

you can use a DA.. but it sometimes will leave hotspots on the metal and warp it.

handsanding with a block is always the best.

mike

To answer the DA questions -- yes they are priceless. I used it to rough cut the bondo down and also to go over the areas that required no body work. All i ever used on my DA was 80 grit.

For final shaping of the bondo i used 80 grit on a block or did it by hand.

After the whole car was finished in 80 grit I blocked the whole thing with 320 and layed my primer (3 coats). After primer I knocked the orange peal off with 320 and wet sanded with 500.

Yes' date=' the redheaded girlfirend does like your comments. See Austin didn't notice that until after he posted that pic and sent it to everyone, where as i thought he knew since he was looking straight at me. haha. opps. And our sound deadeding turned out good, im proud. For those who haven't been informed i help with the Z, props to me.

-ash[/quote']

Happy Birthday....yung'in

Hey cyrus sorry it took me soo long to get back with you. I happened to get the sound deadening from a friend who builds body dropped trucks, he had an extra roll laying around. So i didnt get aroudn to asking him who made it until today. Its called fatmat seemed to work great pretty much the same as any sound deadener

I went to their website and dont see any technical data on it and how it compares to dynomat -- I will say it's cheap and ill let you know how it works when my car is on the road!

• 2 months later...

it's not THAT good....

Denial? Who? ME???

It's freggin' nice dude. I can't wait till I get some body work done on my car and get it painted. I'm expecting to do 100% of the work, but the main thing holding me back is money, and I'll need a commuter car first... suckface.

Haha, I clicked on this post thinking it was somebody elses, only to relise mine had come back from the dead!

Thats again for the compliments here a a few more pictures of the progress:

DSCN6075.JPG

Picture_049.jpg

Picture_0471.jpg

DSCN5996.JPG

Lots of work to go! Building the engine this weekend hopefully