HybridZ

Which Dynomax Ultraflo

jmark06

I'm planning to get the MSA dp for my turbo and then go 3" exhaust into a Dynomax Ultraflo muffler. I know these have been discussed a lot and I have read a lot about them. Everyone talks about them being quiet. This is my daily driver (77 280z, 82 turbo engine) so I don't want it too loud, but I want it to sound modified. So I don't mind if it's pretty loud. So which ultraflo fits well in the 280z and isn't too quiet?

I'm using the same one as sleeperZ. Just replaced my flowmaster with it. It flows much better (gained 1 psi boost without touching anything else). And it is indeed quieter, which I initally found hard to believe when others said the same.

How much does one of those mufflers go for? Also, I was looking on the dynomax website and was wondering how the bullet race mufflers were? I figured they wouldn't do much to quiet it down since it's a race muffler but was just wondering if any one else has used one? Thanks

KTM

JEGS had a mail in rebate as of a couple weeks ago it expired. You may want to check their site and see if they have another rebate offer going. I got mine for $17, at least it will be $17 when the refund check shows up. $67 was the price without the refund...

How much does one of those mufflers go for? Also' date=' I was looking on the dynomax website and was wondering how the bullet race mufflers were? I figured they wouldn't do much to quiet it down since it's a race muffler but was just wondering if any one else has used one? Thanks

KTM[/quote']

I am currently using the dynomax bullet muffler in my 73 240z turbo, I believed couple of fellow members as well, and it is louder than your average straight thru muffler. I like the way it performs and given my stock set up with a 3" mandrel bend exhaust, my car is boosting 8psi.

Guest bastaad525
I am currently using the dynomax bullet muffler in my 73 240z turbo, I believed couple of fellow members as well, and it is louder than your average straight thru muffler. I like the way it performs and given my stock set up with a 3" mandrel bend exhaust, my car is boosting 8psi.

Agreed on the first part, I heard his car first hand and it was a bit loud for my taste. On my own turbo car, I run a straight thru glasspack, 12" long I think, maybe 14", not sure, and his car with the Bullitt was quite a bit louder than mine.

• 5 weeks later...
How bout this one? Is it a lot louder than the oval one? A whole lot louder? I think it is part #17296?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Race-muffler-Dynomax-Ultra-Flow-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33636QQitemZ7991045525QQrdZ1

I had that one in 3" on a stock '82 ZXT. It was just warm and I liked it. It isn't at all loud or boomy like the flowmaster 2 chamber I had on an '83 ZXT. I thought it was a good muffler, but the car had no mods.