HybridZ

Nice or Rice?

Guest greimann

I like them. I think I'd like them even more if they were recessed another inch or so. The faux bolts don't bother me too much, as long as they don't fall out like the phony rivets in my truck's wheels are doing! Nothing screams RICE! like having your imitation fasteners fall out.

I think the rims are cool, but they are not my style. I like the rims on a Z car to show the lugs (or at least the holes). Thats just me. I just got my rims from Japan this week. They are 15X7 and 15X8 and under 12 lbs each. They will bolt on to stock suspension. No tires yet, but you get the picture!

fcebd085.jpg

fcebd087.jpg

fd02962a.jpg

Guest greimann

Well I think this style looks fantastic Porsches, Corvettes and BMW's, and since actual forged 3 piece wheels (hub plus two rims) are like $550+ each, these looked to be an economical alternative. I am not a racer so weight is not an issue. They are 17x7.5 +40mm offset. I'm going to mount up 235/45-17 Yokohamas and then take some final measurements and give to Ross C. for some adapters. I'll compare the weight to my stock swasticas with 225/60-15 Yokos just for giggles. Those wheels and tires are not exactly light.

And for those who don't like them, who asked ya?! ... oh I did bonk.gif

Guest greimann

This is a one piece wheel. Fake modular. If you want to go to HRE for custom made wheels where they take a center hub and attach rims to suit your size requirements, then you pay at least $900 PER WHEEL! Sorry, my wallet aint that fat! Considering the limitations we have on wheel selection, I think this is a nice compromise.