HybridZ

Q45 T-body on L manifold...

Guest ON3GO

Anybody ever made a adapter or some how got the 86mm Q45 t-body on a Z intake manifold?

i have a few of these T-bodys and was wanting to use one on my Z..

but i thought i would see if anybody else is using one on a Z's intake manifold.. like a N42 manifold or something.

if so what did ya do...?

mike

I have a Q45 throttle body that I will adapting to James Thagard's intake manifold.

Didn't someone on here use a cable linkage from a throttle body to the firewall then use the stock throttle rod? I think Lokar has a kit on Summit.

Scottie seemed to run 10.08 with his 60 or so mm TB from his GN..

Hey! My TB is not that small. It's a whopping 62mm with knife-edged blades. :D :D

Seriously, I think Joel said it best. Some engineer here could calculate airflow based on HP and derive the "required" TB diameter. You might be surprised at what is actually required for a forced-induction engine. Of course required and "check this out" are not always the same thing.

Hey! My TB is not that small. It's a whopping 62mm with knife-edged blades. :D :D

Seriously' date=' I think Joel said it best. Some engineer here could calculate airflow based on HP and derive the "required" TB diameter. You might be surprised at what is actually required for a forced-induction engine. Of course required and "check this out" are not always the same thing.[/quote']

Someone needs to do this asap. Is there software somewhere to figure this out?

You would be loosing a ton of low speed throtle responce...:eek2:

Was this directed to me? I haven't cut it just yet. :) :)

BTW what T/B would I need that his manifold were mocked up to use? Just in case this formula theory proves correct.

Semi-Related Question...

The RB25DET is designed to be used with a Q45 TB. But when the motor and plenum with Q45 TB is bolted up to the S30, the throttle wheel hits the inner wheel well [i don't see why Nissan designed a wheel well that goes almost to the front of the car with the exception of changing our light bulbs].

Can the wheel be relocated? Pictures of this will come soon so everyone knows what the heck I'm talking about.

i have a 60mm 240sx t-body thats ported/polished and knife-edged, should be more then fine.

but like i said i was just wondering as i have a few at the shop.

it is hugh!

mike

Someone needs to do this asap. Is there software somewhere to figure this out?

Go to http://www.megasquirt.info/ then click the "Injectors and Fuel Supply" link from the left most frame under "MegaManual". Then on the right frame you should see a list of shortcut link with-in the document. Select "Throttle Bodies". Read this section and scroll down you will see a Throttle Body Bore calculation area.

Have fun :-D

Go to http://www.megasquirt.info/ then click the "Injectors and Fuel Supply" link from the left most frame under "MegaManual". Then on the right frame you should see a list of shortcut link with-in the document. Select "Throttle Bodies". Read this section and scroll down you will see a Throttle Body Bore calculation area.

Thanks

that's for NA engines...........I wanna see turbo'd sizing......but thanks for link.

that's for NA engines...........I wanna see turbo'd sizing......but thanks for link.

True. But you can work it out for a turbo engine based on boost pressure and average intake temps. Needless to say it will be much smaller for a FI application than a NA one.

Dave