HybridZ

Why are there no CF hoods or parts for s130's?

frank280zx

I mean i know there are in japan ( even much nicer airdams, so MSA desingers, i hope you reading LOL)

Why are there no CF hoods for s130's i would make more sence as in the 80's people actually invented CF... and well it would look cool.

howbout we see how many intrest for cf parts for zx's there is on this site !

i would love one with a lil raised cowl!! that would look mean ( not foxbody 20" high), but i lil higer and thus opening so you can see the engine from the cabin ...

Ok i know it is rice but ! it also would gice the air a good place to exit

i would love one with a lil raised cowl!! that would look mean ( not foxbody 20" high)' date=' but i lil higer and thus opening so you can see the engine from the cabin ...

Ok i know it is rice but ! it also would gice the air a good place to exit[/quote']

At least on the S30's I believe that cowl-windsheild area becomes a high pressure zone at 40mph and above and would force more air out the bottom making a high pressure zone under the car.

Guest topsecretz
i might be able to get a line of ZX CF hoods started if there is enough interest.

I want a CF hood, if a line gets started u can put me on the list!

Well, any opinions. Oh yeah there is a guy here in town that will make custom carbon fibre parts for cars. Whether its oe replacement or widebody custom, does not matter. I have yet to discover if he makes his parts my hand laying the carbon or if he does it with vacuum packing. He quoted my co-worker about 300-400 bucks for a carbon trunk for his Evolution, that is with all the same latching mechanisms too, no racing pins! I thought about considering him, assuming he still around, years down the road for my widebody ideas. Carbon would be sweet plus it would save a lot of weight, especially on the hood, those OE hoods are heavier than he#$!