HybridZ

Garage Update Part 84,329

Mikelly

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a Keroseane heater... Does that count??? We did wire in for a gas heater, but Haven't bought it yet... Still recovering from the $721 Check I JUST WROTE for my FINISHED GARAGE DOOR!! LOOKS SWEET! Wish I had had the garage this far for the ZFRacing bash last September... We'll have a MUCH BETTER place to hang our hats next spring fellas! Now IF I could JUST GET LES HEATH to return a phone call so I can GET MY G-NOSE BACK FROM HIM!!!

Mike

Hey Mike,

I`m looking foreward to spring, another VF bash and to break out of the garage!

To have a work space of that size would be great, just to have a shed to get all of the UN-Z stuff out of my garage would be great!

Money always seems to go in other directions!!!

Guys, remember I mentioned a while ago that I missed a deal on a twin post lift for $900??? Well come to find out, the guy had the deal fall through, and he lost my number... Friend of mine ran into him the other day and the subject came up... I'm gonna go look at it tomorrow, but short end of it is that it looks like I'm getting a BRAND NEW twin post 10,000# lift for $900!!! HOLL-EEE C-O-W!!!!

I should have it installed before I have electricity in the place!!!

Mike

Guest bluex_v1

Just a quick peice of advice if you install the insulation yourself...go to an army-navy store and pick up one of those cheap israeli civilian gasmasks for $14... it'll work much better than a resporator and goggles.

Originally posted by jeromio:

Yes, insulation guys get a much better price on material usually. And the labor costs are pretty low.

If you do it yourself, buy one of those full body Tyvek jump suits (covers your head too) in the paint section of Lowes. Also a face mask and gloves and goggles.

Itchy itchy itchy.

To this I'd add - put the Tyvek over your shoes which should be high tops - use duct tape to SEAL it! Wear surgical gloves, seal them with duct tape also. Try to get one with a hood, do wear goggles, and certainly wear some sort of breathing thing. Expect to sweat a ton in this no matter how cool it is out there - trust me. I've done this on my back in a crawl space and when done I had no fiberglass issues - whew! Smelled pretty good tho ;)

Mike, If you run across a similiar deal, or if the guy has more than one at that price. Let me know and I`ll be on the road with my trailer asap.

I would like to have at least a 9000lb lift.

It never hurts to ask ;)

Oh by the way, I insulated my garage in shorts and a t-shirt cry2.gif

Denny, I'll check and see. He may know of other deals... Story on this one was that he bought it when a shop was closed. The shop received it just 6 weeks before they closed... Had very little use on it before he bought it. He took it home and put it into storage. That is where it has sat for the last two years... He did mention getting deals on these on occassion, so I'll check!

Mike

Hi Mike ,

I would recomend you look into having the garage insulated with isocene foam.this is a pro instalation only but gives a higher r value and acts as its own vapor barrier .Its a realy great product,my sister and her husband used it on their new house and garage,and are very satisfied.It's also a good sound barrier,and itch free. Tom

Well guys I saw the unit yesterday. Other than being a little dirty from being stored outside, it should be a nice working unit... made by AMMCO Corp. and I'll pick it up this coming weekend... It is a 9,000 Pound unit. Looks to be in good shape overall and should serve well in the Kelly Garage!!!

I also have a lead on an alternative insulation solution for some special space age stuff that has a theoretical R54 value associated with it. I need to make sure I can get past inspection with it. If I can, I'll be buying all I need for the garage, delivered for about $600...

Mike :D

Got a guy coming out on Monday to do all the insulation for $970 labor and materials... Also have ALL the sheetrock and upstairs flooring being delivered today... AND I'm supposed to pick up my lift later today or tomorrow! I should have all the sheetrock DONE by end of next weekend! Hopefully the electrical sercive will be done and the meter set soon.

Mike 2thumbs.gif

Picked up the lift yesterday... HOLLY Mother of JC... That sucker was soooo heavy... Took 5 of us to load EACH side of the lift onto the car trailer... It is gonna be a bitch to setup!

Insulation should be done today...I did manage to get one side of my sofits done yesterday. I'll do the other side this coming Friday if the weather cooperates... I also plan to install a window in the upstairs this coming weekend and maybe the sliding glass door assembly...

Mike :D

Man I wish I lived closer. Could really use the work and save you a few bucks! I hear you on the lift, me and two other guys stood mine up. It has the most massive 230v cast iron motor, mounted on the very top of one of the posts, that I have just about ever seen! We had visions in our heads not of sugar plum fairy's but stitches and traction! What a smokin' deal on a lift. I got mine out of a shop upgrading for $500, but it is "only" 7000# smile.gif There is a guy in Round Rock, just outside Austin, with one for $1000, a 6000#, if somebody around here is interested. I'm with Terry, keep us in the loop as "Mikelly's World Turns"!

Sorry Guys...Been slow since the holiday. I had the insulation installed on Monday and Just got the temporary electrical service inspection and insulation inspection done 15 minutes ago... I'm gonna go look for a large window and a door for the upstairs over the weekend. Last weekend I did the front soffit and I plan to finish that up this weekend and do some more stain around the trim... We have the sheetrock, but I need to coordinate with a few more people to get that stuff installed... Doug Carrow offered to help, and I'm gonna get at least two more guys to help since I'm using 12 ft. sheets and I've got 12 ft. ceilings... I do have 6ft scafolding to assist though...

More to follow...Hope to do the sheet rock by next weekend and then install the lights and the rest of the electrical and pull the final!

Mike