HybridZ

Some new pics of ole blue.. getting close... sorta

Guest ON3GO

Heres some new pics of my blue Z.

im getting really anal about how i want the wiring and etc on this car so its taking a tad longer then i wanted.

still waiting for my oil pump but besides that its all done engine wise.

i installed all the autometer gauges in my dash today, and even started working on my carbon fiber center section on my dash.... bored.

finished wiring the standalone in, just missing one wire that ill do tomorrow.

all wires im trying to hide and so far its not bad, ill take more pics tomorrow i hope of how i ended up hinding some of the wires you see in these pics.

enjoy.

p.s. something sad is i might have to sell the car, i might... BIG might move to the UK... big might as of now. details on that later.

PDR_2013.JPG

PDR_2011.JPG

PDR_2010.JPG

PDR_2009.JPG

PDR_2007.JPG

PDR_2006.JPG

PDR_2023.JPG

doors, hatch, hood and cowl will be on the car this weekend i think.

i got the carpet read to be put in, and the rest of the interior.

mike

thanks guys... im getting the hang of this Z thing i think.

well i got a job offer and some friends of mine would move there with me.

i dunno yet.. ill really only go if a lady friend will deff go.. other wise i dunno.

thanks for the comments!

mike

check out the link in my sig for some specs on it.

blue Z is all stock internals.. rebuilt but all stock besides some head port work and a nismo 2mm metal headgasket. the deck and head was milled abit to get compression back up abit.

hp wise... i dunno im sure it will do over 300 to the wheels on stock turbo, so if i hit the 300whp mark ill be happy. nitrous is in the works too...

green Z is gonna make way more then that.

mike

looks to me like it was designed the same as scottieGNZ's old l28et setup. The reasoning in the turbo crossover pipe is to keep the distance traveled by the cooled air after the intercooler to a minimum, preventing it from heating back up again like it would if it went back by hte radiator...

oh wait did i make those i/c pipes lol ;)

Btw -- Looking awesome mike cant wait to see it all finished

That's a good theory 240hoke, it does seem that's the reason for doing that, wich should decress detonation and alow for more boost, BUT... (love that word) if the overall piping length is significantly longer than setup the system show in thehelix112's post then you could decrease turbo responce time, leading to longer revs, coutner productive.

Now, the distances might be close enough that it doesn't really matter, and if you're not running a HUGE turbo I don't think it would matter much anyways. I just thought I'd show some other things to keep in mind when thinking about how to setup your intercooler. ;)

Looking pretty damn tidy there Mike. Good work.

Any reason why you routed the turbo outlet to the other side for the intercooler input? Seemed more logical to do it the other way on my setup:

engine-passengers-side.jpg

i assume that, that header is custom ? or does anyone make something like that ?

My fmic is Austins old setup.. but i re did the turbo side pipe as i messed his up lol.

and Gollum, theres really no "lag" created by this setup over the others.. even if there was my GReddy Profec B takes care of that with the gain controller.

mike

Oleh,

Is a custom manifold. Built by a kindly old TIG welder for his race 240z.

ON3GO,

I think gollum was just mentioning possibilities, not saying that your setup had more lag.

I personally think the radiant heat absorbed by the intercooler pipes would be almost identical for both setups, the entire engine bay is going to get hot unless you have some serious bonnet ventilation. But I suppose the crossing rad after cooling would get slightly hotter, bet it'd be by fuckall though. :)

Dave

I was just stating sound theory on3go. I expected your setup would be vitually lag free, as it takes quit alot of turbo at ANY rate to create sufficiant lag to care about.

It IS nice to know though that you are thinking about such things as well.

Hmm, thinking about the heat issue though. Insulation (generally) keeps opposing tempatures away from eachother. Wrapping headers is a good idea, but would the same idea apply to turbo system piping? We obviouly don't want the turbo outlet staying warm, so don't wrap that, but what about the pipe from the intercooler to the intake manifold? Maybe the difference would be negligible, or maybe even couter productive?