HybridZ

Got my Scarab

dsommer

Haha got it!!! O happy day...

1971 "customer car" HLS30 12XXX

Scarab #154

This car is sweet. Rides great, quiet, wife even said it rides like a "real" car. I am truly blessed to have obtained this car.

If you would like to see a specific area of the car let me know.

PICS:

29040.jpg

29041.jpg

29039.jpg

29045.jpg

29059.jpg

29046.jpg

29049.jpg

29053.jpg

Guest Battle Pope
Ok I've heard the word SCARAB but what is it? I'm ashamed I have to ask. Nice car by the way, enjoy the ride!

They were a company that specialized in the SBC conversion for the S30. They did it before JTR did it, and they position the engine a little differently than JTR does. They produced both conversion kits as well as "customer cars", which our friend dsommer has here. The cars done by Scarab had special badging and other upgrades.

Guest bastaad525

wow... they really do put the engine pretty far forward... never seen a pic showing it like that. JTR has the dizzy like right off the firewall doesn't it? I mean like... less than an inch away?

that's a very nice car though... Dsommer... I ha... er.... envy you greatly :D

One question, is the hood customized or is that a scarab style hood?

I'll have to check, I "think" it's a Scarab vented hood but many duplicated this custom feature during the 70's and 80's.

Michael Now to do the JTR conversion...

Look close at picture #4 on the right side you'll see my 1973 240Z with a JTR conversion, so no need ;)

Very nice. Must be an early 71 to have the hatch vents. Are the emblems on the c pillars the "scarab" emblems? What are the lights on the steering column? Any spring/strut/brake mods?

My bad it's titled as a 72 with a build date of 10/71 sorry for the confusion. The "scarab" is an winged beetle, an Egyption creature, Lights on top of the wheel are high beam, left and right turn signals, the red one, I don't want to know haha. Suspension mods are from Scarab, springs, bushings, 4 piston caliper brakes up front looks like stock drums out back. I was considering taking my AZ big brake kit off my HybridZ and bolting it up to this car but the Scarab is just too original to modify, according to a gentleman in Canada who also has a Scarab and tracks them religiously this is one of 10 know and registered Scarabs. I'm sure there are more out there but WHERE???

David

Twins on the way and twins in the garage!!!

David, there's a fellow here in NC with one, I met him at a track event. His is also a "factory" car, and looks very similar to your except it's a 76. It also has a 4 piston brake upgrade from Brian. I don't remember the column lights on his, and his has the emblems like yours, but his is a 327/T10.

It's cool yours is an early car, it's the lightest of the light!

John

Would it be against the code of Hybridz'er ethics to get those SCARAB emblums on my JTR car? Come on we need something cool that only the insiders know to show we have a dang SBC JTR car! Wow my gears are turning when I saw that beetle with the wings sooo coool! I certainly don't want the Bowtie, I just don't like it, too recognizable, I have a sleeper here. The only thing I did was put "350z" liscence plate frames on it which would make absolutely no sence except to those I told that it means 350cid Z.

Sure would like some sort of Emblum, but not too gaudy, ntohing that says "bling" but not too plain either..

Would it be against the code of Hybridz'er ethics to get those SCARAB emblums on my JTR car?

I wouldn't recommend adding Scarab lettering to your car, I mean others have done it but it's kind of like adding the "Type R" emblems to a car if you know what I mean, you're advertising something that you don't have. But to each is own

Very nice looking car. since I'm using Autometer speedo and tach i could really use a housing like that for the lights. Does anyone know where I could get one?

We need to get some 570Z emblems made.

Wonder what it would cost to custom build a set that look like the stock Nissan stuff.

BTW' date=' sweet car. I wouldn't do anything to it except keep it running.[/quote']

I would definitely be into a 570Z embem made in the 240z emblem style.