HybridZ

Those new C6s aren't that fast!

Mikelly

...On the back roads coming the long way home from Northern Va. yesterday afternoon. I'm stuck behind a slow poke, and these roads are awesome to drive spiretedly on. This C6 came up through traffic on me and I could tell he was thinking he was gonna show his ancester how much improvement his new c6 was bringing to the table... Never mind the fact that I'm breaking in a heads/cam realistic 400+WHP C5 with about 500 miles on it!

So we get open road and I'm not gonna go stupid fast speeds and have bambi step out in front of me...I figure 70+mph is about as fast as I really want to click along... Until we hit a nice long straight. C6 swings wide around me and romps on it... I drop from 6th to 3rd and nail it... He never stood a chance.

So at my next turn he hits his horn and waves me over. I stop and he asks what the hell I've done to the car... "Besides lose half the hair left on my scalp?" :lmao: He informed me he shifted at redline from 3rd to 4th and I was still pulling away from him... :shock:

We had a good chat, and it was agreed that I'd stacked the deck in my favor. He claims to have dyno'ed his Orange C6 to the tune of 358HP at the wheels. We don't know yet what this new heads/ cam powerplant will do, but we now know it will probably be in excess of 358HP by a bit... :lmao:

Oh well, Fun and games, Fun and Games! :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Mike, I ran some with a C6 at a track day at CMP last month. It didn't appear to be much faster than a C5, if any. BUT I didn't know the guy driving it, so there's always doubt if he was getting all that was there. Beautiful car though.

John

Mike, there's nothing better than driving a hotrod that happens to be a 'vette, unless you have ms. daisy with super sweater muffins, drop dead gorgeous, sitting next to you in such 'vette. I hate you for having a hotrod vette, only cause I don't have one too, but I like to hear your stories. Thanks. If you ever have ms. daisy described above, then I'm going to die and be reincarnated as you.

Mike,

One Sunday morning cruise in the 240Z LS1 I came up against a new C6. He couldn't pull away from me. When we pulled over we talked for a while and he says he thinks my car could take him.

400 crank HP in a 3200 pound car vs 317RWHP (est. 375 crank HP) in a 2600 pound car.

You do the math.

I love my LS1 Z.

Stock, there not fast. My Z ran a Z06 with exhaust and intake @ Sac raceway. Consistant @ 12.1 - 12.4. Who ever had the better launch would win.

The new Z06 might be something to worry about. One of the magazines tested the new Z06 and was doing 11.7. You know magazines tests are usually slower then the actual quarter mile times.

I didn't read the article, just saw it on the front page of the mag and said Damm! that's fast.

First C6 I saw on the street that looked like a cool guy owned, I pulled up next to and gave a hearty rawkfist m/ and reved a bit and give him a "nice ride" node. As i watched him downshift and take off I thought "I'll need a bit more HP to even think about it... too bad, seemed like a nice guy..."

One thing that I find amazing about the Z06 that I had the chance to run against at the track and didnt fare to badly against, concidering he did a 12.3 and I didnt a 12.9 against, was just the simple fact of how fast they go off the line and just keep going. Man those things are like rockets off the line.

Good job Mike, two thumbs up:)

The stock C5 was rated for a 13.2 quarter mile. If the C6 is running in the low 12's I'd say it's significantly faster. Those times are the same as those for the old Z06. I think it's published quarter mile time was 12.4. If that's the improvement in the base engine model I have a feeling the new Z06 is going to be plenty quick.