HybridZ

Ported turbo intake manifold best on the markert!!

EZ-E

This is at least the statement of the individual running it on his erm 9 second Z car?

Heres an exerpt from the add.

"THIS INTAKE WILL GIVE YOUR Z CAR AN ADDITIONAL 35LB/FT OF TORQUE AND 25 ADDITIONAL HORSEPOWER. THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME INTAKE ZPERFORMANCE RACING RUN ON THEIR 9 SECOND DRAG CAR"

Now Im not the greatest mind in the Z world and never claimed to be, but if it were possible to run that fast with the stock intake manifold why are so many of our high hp turbo guys going with an aftermarket one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-280ZX-PORTED-AND-POLISHED-INTAKE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ8004090771QQrdZ1

Theres the link take a look

Lingenfelter C5 vettes and Vipers use the stock intake manifold but ported. But I know the heads are either aftermarket or totally different, so I assume the lingenfelter motors are port matched.

I'm sure someone here know's what heads the lingenfelter vettes use. So chime in ;)

That guy supposably builds some crazy stuff. My buddy bought a "turbo kit" from him with a p90 head, electronics, turbo etc. When he went to pick it up the guy showed him his cars. He is running 11's on stock N/A wiring harnesses and ECU's. I havent meet the guy in person but my buddy also saw those manifolds when he was there said the guy ported them out all the way up the runner till they were almost paper thin. Alot of work inthat manifold, not sure if its worth it though. I think I would rather have a ported intake then a aftermarket one... i havnt seen an aftermarket manifold i really like the design of. I think there was a guy on zcar.com sellign a nice piece but there was some

dispute over the design.

-Austin

i just reworked a n47 intake for my turbo engine with megasquirt install.i got about 6 hours in it grinding .like the bumps in the ports for injector hold down screws.and opening it up for the bigger throttle body and blending for better flow to #1 cyl.i cut off the egr pad on my chop saw and welded a square piece of aluminum on the end.looks like a non egr manifiold.if you workon something long enough it will work.but who wants too.

This the one you were talking about? http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101972

Heres there actual website: http://www.lonewolfperformance.com/

I had asked about a turbo manifold with vacuum lines and what there turn around was "1.5" runners which are larger than stock allowing port work to be done to the head to also allow a much beeter flowing intake tract. Lastly, yes, we are still at about 4 weeks turn around. Let me know about the visual part and we can try to see if we can make something that will work for you." This was a couple months ago, so turnaround could have changed.

Tyson

what tool would be used to get all the way down those runners?

anybody know where i could get one or maybe make one?

Two things you need are extended shank burrs like this: http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=2337&keyword=46059

and extended shaft die grinders like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00061SHMQ/104-2687056-8990300?v=glance

Guest JAMIE T
what tool would be used to get all the way down those runners?

anybody know where i could get one or maybe make one?

mike

Have you learned nothing from me?

You either need to cut the manifold, or buy 6" long carbide burs. I'm telling you all, I can take a stock manifold and turn it into a serious race piece and you'll never know until you place it next to a stock one, and then it would be difficult to tell. Just tell the guy questioning it that it is from a different year. Mike, you're the street racer of us, send me a stock manifold, I will work it for free just to prove it! But, you MUST run it as is and make a dyno pull before and after, and a quarter mile pass before and after.

Wow Jamie, Mike, you can't pass up that offer!!

I ordered a manifold from

http://www.lonewolfperformance.com

back in August. I did have some special requests like 1.65" inner diameter runners to match the intake ports on the head I am going to use :icon29: I also sent the fuel rail, 720cc injectors, and a template of the head so that the runners can match up to the intake ports. I am looking forward to the finished product.

James (spork here on HybridZ) has given me updates whenever I request them and quick replies to my emails. The 1.65" ID tubing had to be special ordered which slightly increased the cost, but they were able to do it. It should be ready any day now.

Guest JAMIE T

The P90 one is the turbo one right? The N42 is the clean one that everyone likes? Either one will be fine after the work is done. You choose the one you want to use. I need to know what sort of port work is done to the head you will use it on. I'll also need to know what throttle body you want to use. PM me and we can discuss the details.

"WE HAVE BEEN 11.70s AND QUICKER WITH THE STOCK MOTOR, STOCK TURBO, PORTED HEAD, AND THIS INTAKE IN NUMEROUS 1970 (1970-1974 WAS CONVERTED TO FUEL INJECTION) THROUGH 1983 TURBO Z CARS."

??????Thats almost a full second faster than any of us have run on stock turbo, I managed a 12.50 on all stock stuff with a 1.7 60'. I'm callin BS on that. I'll believe it when I see it.

last i heard jersey was 12.4 (feel free to jump in and correct me Jersey)

I would think someone would mention running 11's on stock turbo. Like I said if people are doin it when i couldnt, lets see those timeslips!! I mean how much better can 60' times get in a basically stock turbo setup? I thought low 1.7's was pretty good.