HybridZ

MY NEW BABY, TO BE LS1 POWERED pix

LS1 Z

I've been bitten by the bug! I love my LS1Z. A few friends of mine have done the RX7-LS1 swaps and the cars are awesome. The cool thing is... Its like a modern day version of the Z! IE: p/s, a/c, airbags, antilock and all the creature comforts! The car is a 95 w/ 86k on the dial. Found it on craigs list. The car is VERY clean! I paid 7800.! I bought it from a used car dealer Sooo They added DMV, smog, tax and a 45.00 process fee! I feel, I made out very well considering the value these cars are holding! NO I'm not losing interest in the Z! Need to get some issues solved were the car is not on the back of a flat bed, on the way home from the track!(has happened 2 weeks in a row) Yes I will do a post on the DRIVETRAIN forum soon on my problems!

JOEY

RX7-1_thumb.jpg

RX7-2_thumb.jpg

RX7-3_thumb.jpg

RX7-4_thumb.jpg

Good working order? High mileage on the motor or something? DANG that's cheep. I'd expect to pay at least 6k for one with a blown motor.

Speaking of buying RX7s. My friend with a B16A crx is gonna buy a RX7 soon and build up a motor for the low 400HP range. He's just gonna use it as a town car. It's too bad he's not into autoxing.

Well, good luck with the new car. They're AWSOME. Enjoy it at all costs, that's what they're for.

He'll have to go to a state ref and get a swap bar put onto his engine bay. He'll have to pass a test that all the emisson equipment is there and operational. And it also has to be from a same year/newer vehicle. After that, it'll get smogged as the vehicle it came out of at the biannual test.

I'm over in the richmond, so if you ever want to talk smog I'm game. I'd love to watch your progerss.

I hope all goes well. Sounds like a fun swap.

To answer some questions????

Smog... I will work on that whan the time comes.

Automatic.... I've been told the gear ratio in the auto is 3:90 and manual is 4:10. The LS1 likes the 3:90.

Gollum. Wanna talk smog or progress. I've been a smog tec for 18 years and my shop is located in Orinda. I'll let you know when I get started or P.M. me any time and we can go from there.

Heavy Z. Hey!!!! Always way cool to meet HYBRIDZ members and put names behind the post's! Stop by anytime or maybe I'll see ya at Sac raceway or I seem to be at Infinion on wednesday nights. NO! don't look for the yellow flat bed, look for the LS1 Z!!!

MAS280...... A.K.A. "Drop the clutch at 5 grand this time" or "I haven't broke one of those yet" :toetap05: Time to join TORQUE CENTRAL?

JOEY

I sure do envy you guys that have an 'inside track' on the emissions dilemma. The RX-7 is definitely THE way to go for hybridization. If I had the means to deal with the emissions aspect, I would have walked away from my Z a long time ago.

First Mike, then John, now you, Joey. Good on all of you...great car for the conversion! Wish I could have made the move, too.

The RX7 platform yields a much better car for the same total investment, if not less. And I've haven't met any 'car guy' yet that didn't love the lines of that third gen. RX7.

Are you going to hang on to the Z, as well?

Hey are you gonna go to the vacaville meet? You should man, we could talk then ;)

Yea, a close friend of mine (known him my whole life) used to work for the local smog ref and now has his license and is trying to start his own shop.

I've love to exchange knowledge on the subject (i'd rather learn than give knowledge, but i'm always up for both)